WASD delay

LordOfQc

Reaction score
Hi, I am creating a TPS map and I am using WASD movements and I have a lot of delay. I did some research and they said that triggers with key pressed or buttons pressed and thing like that will have a delay on B.net but I tested some maps on SC2 that are using WASD keys and it has almost no delay. I don't know why mine has a delay. Can anyone help me please? Thanks

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
When you have one key press detection event, every time a key is pressed (regardless of which key it is) it will generate network traffic. As such, having a large number of players or a number of these events can have a large impact on the in-game lag. I would recommend that you find some tutorials on WASD movement (there are plenty of them around) to help solve your issue.

On a side note, I heard there was a method of detecting WASD movement by using hotkeys attached to dummy abilities which was supposed to dramatically improve lag.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Battle.net has a minimum latency of 125 MS I think and lag reduction system. Key press events, as said, create a lot of traffic. There are some work arounds (i.e. not using key press events), but regardless of what you do you will still have something like a tenth of a second of delay unless someone has or develops a way to reduce the latency.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.