.Wav file Reduction

Chewbalka

Reaction score
I converted a .ogg music file to .wav so I can use it in my map (got permission..) but it went from 2.5mb in .ogg to 21mbs in .wav and im wondering, what can i do to reduce it?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of programs will let you choose a compression rate when you save audio files. Could you possibly choose a better compression? (The quality will be lower.)

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Lowing bitrate is always a good start. Wav can't be compressed too much, though.
Also making it a single channel can reduce 25%+

Chewbalka

Reaction score
what program do you suggest for wav compression?

Lowing bitrate is always a good start. Wav can't be compressed too much, though.
Also making it a single channel can reduce 25%+
i tryed removing a channel but it did no effect on the file size, maybe i did it wrong.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
wav files are just big, any sort of reduction won't make it less than 4mb if it's normally 18.5mb. At 18.5mb I'm guessing it's a song and not just a sound? If so, you should not use it imo. Especially if you ever want it to be played on b.net.

If the song really fits and the map has to have it, then keep it, just keep in mind that your map is going to be very large. People would have to find a dl for it and play it over a LAN or just single player. I have tried the same thing before, and I wound up not using it just because the space it takes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.