Wc3 is Installed but it Doesnt Know it

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
I have had wc3 installed for about a year and a half, and about 4 months ago it stopped recognizing that it is installed. I can still use WE and open the game through the shortcuts, i could play online, the only thing i couldnt do was open through the CD launcher, which that was fine by me. But then the update came out and i cannot play online anymore, as it wont let me update, it doesnt let me download the patch and install like that either. I have lost my RoC cd key so i cant reinstall, is there anyway for me to get the patch?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
I thought CD key grabbing wasnt supported here, either way, the site where i got my old grabber from got shut down. And downloading the patch manually and installing that way doesnt work either.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does it give you any error?

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Yeah it gives the same error that i get when i try to update. Ill try again and post the error here.

"An error has occurred preparing the patch. This problem can commonly be corrected by reinstalling the game and trying to update again."

it also says "Registry error loading key 'Warcraft III\InstallPath' The system cannot find the file specified."

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.