Weird problem with +% damage aura

Pettunia

Reaction score
So, i made an aura based on Command aura as a hero skill.

It works ok, but when I use another hero to cast my own triggered spell, the bonus damage gained from the aura seems blinking. (but stops blinking when i finished casting the spell).

Blinking i mean that, the bonus damage keeps on giving and removed, for example, if +20 bonus damage (which is written in green), the +20 keep on blinking, that cause some of the attacks made does not deal the +20 bonus damage.

I want to fix the problem, but before that, can anyone tell me whats going on first?

TechGeek001

Reaction score
I'm not sure I see how this is normal - an aura is supposed to be active all the time. If he's saying that occasionally the affected unit doesn't get the damage increase, doesn't that indicate that there's a problem?

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
I'm not sure I see how this is normal - an aura is supposed to be active all the time. If he's saying that occasionally the affected unit doesn't get the damage increase, doesn't that indicate that there's a problem?

It is basically resetting itself. The aura's effect is still in play...so if it gave +50 damage and it disappeared and reappeared you still have the +50 damage while it is gone. It is just a small glitch...I'm going to assume it is graphical wise. This happens all the time in many games I play for warcraft 3. They do not seem to mess around with the gameplay at all.

arcano

Reaction score
Actually you don't. i've seen a unit that had 1+4 damage (being 4 the aura one) and a 2x crit critting for 2 damage with the blinking aura thingy. So it does affect your damage.

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Actually you don't. i've seen a unit that had 1+4 damage (being 4 the aura one) and a 2x crit critting for 2 damage with the blinking aura thingy. So it does affect your damage.

I'm SURE you have. Forgive me if I seem skeptical....

While visually it may appear that the unit's damage is changing, it is really not. Purely graphical, do not worry about it. There is no way to change this, and there is no need (save satisfying users like the above poster).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.