Weird Save/Load Code bug

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
This stupid thing keeps failing for some reason. It starts working fine at 0 gold. but the moment you pick up a gold piece it will not give a 4 character result for the display. It keeps showing up as a 3 character display and dropping the last character.

Code:
Set SaveLoadConvertInteger = ((Triggering player) Current gold)
Set SaveLoadPowerOf = 4
For each (Integer A) from 1 to SaveLoadPowerOf, do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (SaveLoadPowerOf - (Integer A)) Greater than or equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Set SaveLoadCurrentDivisor = 1
                For each (Integer B) from (Integer A) to (SaveLoadPowerOf - 1), do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Set SaveLoadCurrentDivisor = (SaveLoadCurrentDivisor x SaveLoadNumberSystemMax)
                Set SaveLoadDividedInteger = (SaveLoadConvertInteger / SaveLoadCurrentDivisor)
                Set SaveLoadTempString[9] = (SaveLoadTempString[9] + SaveLoadNumberSystem[SaveLoadDividedInteger])
                Set SaveLoadRemainderInteger = (SaveLoadConvertInteger - (SaveLoadNumberSystemMax x SaveLoadDividedInteger))
            Else - Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (SaveLoadPowerOf - (Integer A)) Less than or equal to 0
            Then - Actions
                Set SaveLoadTempString[9] = (SaveLoadTempString[9] + SaveLoadNumberSystem[SaveLoadRemainderInteger])
           Else - Actions
Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: SaveLoadTempString[9]

Thanks for any help finding that annoying bug in there. been staring too long at the code myself today.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
I dont understand these codes perfrctly, but does the load still work?

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
Sort of works. You just end up with what I like to call the Chase Bank effect. 75% of your gold disappears.

Everything else works fine. Just this one spot doesnt.
I dont think you want to see the entire trigger. Its REALLY huge. Wish I knew a way to make the GUI act like a function call in real time like any C/C++ project would work. I am sure there is a way, probly the Run Trigger action, but does it interrupt all other triggers?

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Chase bank effect. LOL

Maybe its the
Code:
For each (Integer B) from (Integer A) to (SaveLoadPowerOf - 1)
part that is the problem. Both B and A keep changing.

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
Its supposed to change.

Basically the int A section is to break the integer down from its 7 digit self to a 4 character (36 character) number system.

Int A is a cycle through each layer of the character system. Int B does the ramping up for each layer so it can divide out. The numbers look weird but this is how it works.

Lets say you have a number. 46655 and you need to convert it to the 36 number system.

First you need to divide off the top layer. You start big and work small when converting numbers.

36*36*36 = 46656 BTW.

SaveLoadPowerOf sets it for 3.
Then Int A starts at 1.
Int B will then Go twice, making Divisor 1296.
You then divide that into 46655 and you will get 35 and a ton of change. That will equal Z.
Then you set the remainder to be the new convert and start the next loop.
Int A will now be 2, Int B will reset to 1 and then make Divisor 36. the Remainder gets divided and you should end up with 35 again, plus change.
Remainder gets updated and tthen you start the last loop through. This time Int A is 3, and it means If/Else #2 goes off. That then just sets the final character as the remainder, which is 35 or Z.

Final results, ZZZ for the character representation of 46655 gold pieces in a 36 number system.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.