What does Game Speed actually do?

Tonks

Reaction score
Do you mean the option when you're hosting? That affects the amount of latency and such in the game.

MrApples

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
And by that you mean exactly?

I'm talking about both setting that and Game - Set Game Speed as...

Tonks

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the trigger option does. But I'm pretty sure the Game speed option when you host changes the speed of the server, meaning that slower internets can connect better. Just a thought.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Gamespeed is usually the rate at which the game's time passes (you know, the little time thing at the top), but seemingly that is not the case for my map (seems that seconds = game seconds). You can either change the rate via triggering or going into the game constants by screwing around with the times of day.

dashival

Reaction score
It slows the game down, lol. Meaning, if a unit takes 10 seconds to travel to his ally's base, it would take longer to travel that distance in a slower game mode. It changes everything together, meaning the proportions are still the same, its just that everything is slower. I'm not sure what it does for latency/lag, but it is much easier to manage units and stuff in ladder/melee games.

B

bugi_bi

things slow down...everything slows down....time passing slower...ya know...i think this has no big influence on latency....the data send is the same i think....
just my opinion...when i did games i import speed factor everywhere but one tick (one code pass) would be the same...

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> the data send is the same i think

Indeed. But, if the game runs slower, it has, presumably, more time to get the network trafic to the other side.

C

Capt Griffen

Changes game speed.

Chocobo said:
Very Fast Games Speed can cause lag problems.

Sorry to point this out, but I think very fast game speed is the default (called fast out of game, but very fast in triggers...). Slow => Normal and Normal => Fast, I believe. Been a while since I tested it.

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
Everything is efected.... Just save a maps replay, and you can see that you can increese how fast the "video" is running. If you press the ^ thing, everything moves faster. I am not sure if text goes away faster or not though. Why not just test it....

Edit: Also, I don't think making it very fast will cause lag. Usually WC does 64 farms per a second, it usually never changes. So the units will look glitchy if they move fast enough.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Capt Griffen said:
Changes game speed.

Sorry to point this out, but I think very fast game speed is the default (called fast out of game, but very fast in triggers...). Slow => Normal and Normal => Fast, I believe. Been a while since I tested it.

Basically Fast. In Cinematics, it returns to Normal.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.