What is AoS?

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Aeon of Strife. It's now synonymous with DotA style maps. Aeon of Strife was an old SC:BW msp, where (similarity to DotA) creeps would spawn in lanes and heroes fought and leveled.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Ohhhh I remember the second Aeon of Strfe... I remember playing the first too... Barely...

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
Upgrades in Starcraft "hero" maps usually involve getting vespene gas for levels, where you could spend vespene gas on attack and armor upgrades (attack speed and move speed for a few)

Truly a shame that AoS has taken the genre name along side with "DotA rip-off" (even worse when DotA stems from AoS).

Masser Strategy Role Playing Game (MSRPG), I think would be a suitable name for the genre.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Upgrades in Starcraft "hero" maps usually involve getting vespene gas for levels, where you could spend vespene gas on attack and armor upgrades (attack speed and move speed for a few)

Truly a shame that AoS has taken the genre name along side with "DotA rip-off" (even worse when DotA stems from AoS).

Masser Strategy Role Playing Game (MSRPG), I think would be a suitable name for the genre.

I think something like Laned Combat Realtime Strategy game would be more suited.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Aeon of Strife
Based off of dynasty warrior
4 horizontal lanes where you choose a hero unit (hero variant of the unit)
Each kill grants you a diffrent ammount of minerals
Use minerals to increase your defense (reduced by point) and attack (increased by point)
A shop system that allowed for recruting other units
You and 4 other players push to the other side and destroy the opposing "gates" while defending your own

Aeon of Strife 2
Added a side feature which allowed the players (now 6) to choose sides before starting battle
Added a gass system that allowed you to summon a group of units (depends on picked hero IE hero marine summons normal marines)

The "level" system was acomplished with minerals and race attack and damage upgrades

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.