What is the base ability of this?

NetherHawk

Reaction score
In dota, Troll warlord has the ablity to switch between a range mode and a melee mode. What is the base ability of this? Is it Druid of the Claw's bear form?

jackall

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
i believe it is based off bear/crow form with "immediate take-off"

jomik

Reaction score
It could be channel too, and then you just change his attack from attack 1 to attack 2, I think that's possible, not sure though :O

Tarivol

Reaction score
Yeah, I imagine it'd be based off of the bear form transformation, and just create a hero at the location of the last hero with x stats and the same items, yadda yadda.

avalya

Reaction score
Tarivol, bear form transforms your hero into another unit with the same items, level, and experience as well as the same percentages of health and mana, you don't need any triggers at all to do it, and you're most definitely not replacing a hero.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Just make 2 Troll heroes. Give the melee mode version of it the bash skill and more damage and move speed. This can be set in the Object Editor. No need for any triggering.

avalya

Reaction score
Yeah, exactly, though I think he only wanted to know what it was based on, but your help might be appreciated, Glenphir! ;)

Tarivol

Reaction score
Well heck, learn more about the baseline mechanics every time someone corrects me on a post. <3

NetherHawk

Reaction score
well basically this is working like a metamorphosis, only that it metamorphs into 1 which only has a difference in attack range and a default bash ability. Thanks all for the replies.

siddu.druid

Reaction score
according to me, the base ability of this is 'Root' that all ancients have. It can be used to switch attack types. even this works too.

Rllulium

Reaction score
according to me, the base ability of this is 'Root' that all ancients have. It can be used to switch attack types. even this works too.

Have you actually tried basing it of Root? I know several issues with doing that. Besides, there's no argument that Troll Warlords ability is based of a transform. It changes basicly every stat that the hero has, not only it's attack range.

avalya

Reaction score
Yeah, it increases movement speed by 20 (30 on level 4), damage by roughly 15, attack speed by 0.1 or so (not sure about that one, can be 0.2) and armor by 3.

NetherHawk

Reaction score
changed easily when you use a metamorphosis, in the ability itself you can adjust the hit points increase and in the obj editor the rest of the stats. You can add his bash ability from there as well, i doubt its based on just the root ability, its more complicated than that.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Its a temporary spell, the troll in DotA has a permanent change, until the player changes back.

rafaxik

Reaction score
Yeah, it increases movement speed by 20 (30 on level 4), damage by roughly 15, attack speed by 0.1 or so (not sure about that one, can be 0.2) and armor by 3.

Correct, He still gains 100 life points EDIT: In all levels

why not metamorph?

Cause metamorph has expiration time and melee troll hasn't.

changed easily when you use a metamorphosis, in the ability itself you can adjust the hit points increase and in the obj editor the rest of the stats. You can add his bash ability from there as well, i doubt its based on just the root ability, its more complicated than that.

It IS based on Bear Form. In Bear Form you can add abilities including your previous ones. Just remove casting time from the ability (if has) and set "Art - Animation - Cast Backswing" to 0.000

razor21

Reaction score
well, what if we put the duration to 0?..
or what if we check marked its "Permanent" option.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.