Crime What may be the world’s first cybernetic hate crime unfolds in French McDonald’s

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Steve Mann, the "father of wearable computing," has been physically assaulted while visiting a McDonalds in Paris, France.

The Canadian university professor was at the restaurant with his family when three different McDonalds employees took exception to his "Digital Eye Glass" device and attempted to forcibly remove it from his head. Mann was then physically removed from the store by the employees, along with having his support documentation destroyed.

This may be the first ever recorded assault of a person instigated by the prominent display of a Google Glass-like wearable computer.

Last edited by a moderator:

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
What were they afraid of? Hmm was he going to steal the secret recipe or what. eh?

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
What's the worse crime? Being assaulted for having cyber-gear, or eating at McDonalds while visiting France?

Man, that's what came to my mind, too. You go to the culinary capital of the world, and you get your lunch at a McDonald's? For shame.

Sucks to be him, though.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Man, that's what came to my mind, too. You go to the culinary capital of the world, and you get your lunch at a McDonald's? For shame.

this always bugs me, but it's an American thing.. they are addicted to the chemicals that they add in those french fries and what not..

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
Well, fast food is cheap ya know.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
This. Ever eat in Parisian restaurants? It's (at least) $200 per day to feed a family of 4 if you don't have a kitchen.
You're not vacationing in Paris if you don't have money to spend at restaurants. But I see your point.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Well, fast food is cheap ya know.

even so there are alternatives... not to mention that the McDonald's in France are all tourist-priced, since only tourists eat at them, making them as expensive as other stuff

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.