Whats the Best Shooting Game of all time?

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
GearsofWar (360) VS. Resistance fall of Man (PS3)
best shooting game of all time?

These are just 2 very good games, but you don't have to choose between them. What shooting game do you think is the best ever created?

It was a hard choice but I like GearsofWar as the best shooting game ever.:D

Tonks

Reaction score
Counter-Strike. No doubt about it. It brought in a new generation of FPS, not to mention how much better it's gotten.

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
^[agrees]^

but i dunno if it is all time, since a shooter for the wii (think multiplayer "duck-hunt" gun style) would basically kick all kinds of @ss

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
CS prolly. Although I prefer Gears of War. CS is full of assholes with ego's bigger than earth itself.

Seeing as i've never really heard of Resistance fall of Man it can't be that good lol :p.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Bump

Counter-Strike
Gears of War
Resistance fall of man
Half-Life
Halo
GoldenEye 64

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
All new FPS's suck. They are starting to sacrifice gameplay in order to have better graphics.

Pisses me off.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
NoxMortus said:
Half-Life

Truer words have never been spoken.

DDRtists said:
All new FPS's suck. They are starting to sacrifice gameplay in order to have better graphics.

Pisses me off.

Sounds like somebody has a case of the Mondays!

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
halokfo8.jpg

Reaction score
  • 1# GOLDENEYE 007 - Nintendo 64
  • 2# METROID PRIME - Nintendo GameCube
  • 3# METROID PRIME: ECHOES - Nintendo GameCube
  • 4# METROID PRIME: HUNTERS - Nintendo DS

Upcoming will be fourth I suppose..
(?# METROID PRIME: CORRUPTION - Nintendo Wii)

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
Nah, I'm just really unhappy of the new FPS games. GoW Sucks horribly, but thats just me I guess. FPS players won't notice it. :rolleyes:

agreed

I played GOW the other day at a friends house, and it did nothing to inspire. I think the genre has switched (for me at least) to third person shooters that at least throw something new in besides graphics. Have you seen anything about "fear" yet DDR? Or how about "Prey"? If not, both of them have crazy cool physics engines featuring puzzling gravity challenges and mindfreaks. They are both pretty fun (Prey is actually FPS, whoopsies)

They probably never will match the greats, but they are good for a few hours

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I played GOW the other day at a friends house, and it did nothing to inspire. I think the genre has switched (for me at least) to third person shooters that at least throw something new in besides graphics.

1 game doesn't define an entire genre. GoW isn't an FPS, it's a third person squad bad shooter.

There are plenty of worthy FPS's out there that, while updating the graphics, strive for newer, more innovative things. Faster processors don't just mean better graphics; it also means more action, better physics, more options, and more detailed weapons and worlds in general.

Just look at the Half-Life 2 episodes. They're amazing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.