Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I have a problem with my upload, I think. o_O

Edit: I think I even beat Post #135 in Download. :p

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I'll post the picture later, but 3.7MB/s down, 140KB/s up.
Just got my Cable internet, it's been deciding to go up and down at random, must be because my brother was playing Halo Reach.
Wow, that's fast. 15MB/s down... my speed is Australia's equiv. of cable :eek:

Romek... how? lol... how can you have internet that fast? Is this a normal plan?!?!?! lol

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score

I have a problem with my upload, I think. o_O

Edit: I think I even beat Post #135 in Download. :p

That's pretty nice, even though #135 was hosted on imageshack for "some reason" *cough* photoshop *cough

I need to see the full connection speed using a cable connection rather than wifi.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score

I've got me and my roommate's own network for college uses...

And how the hell do people get way past 100 Mb/s, even 200 Mb/s? So far, I have only seen Acehart's upload speed larger than anyone else here.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Romek... how? lol... how can you have internet that fast? Is this a normal plan?!?!?! lol
It's a normal plan, yes. Virgin Media is apparently the fastest ISP in the UK. I seem to get random bursts of very high speeds though, and have an otherwise average connection (20Mb/s). That speed test just happened at the right time. I also tend to randomly lose data (for example MSN messages appearing to go through, but the recipient not getting them, and the other way around).

> That's pretty nice, even though #135 was hosted on imageshack for "some reason" *cough* photoshop *cough*
Oh, true. What a shame. :p

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
> Romek... how? lol... how can you have internet that fast? Is this a normal plan?!?!?! lol
It's a normal plan, yes. Virgin Media is apparently the fastest ISP in the UK. I seem to get random bursts of very high speeds though, and have an otherwise average connection (20Mb/s). That speed test just happened at the right time. I also tend to randomly lose data (for example MSN messages appearing to go through, but the recipient not getting them, and the other way around).

> That's pretty nice, even though #135 was hosted on imageshack for "some reason" *cough* photoshop *cough*
Oh, true. What a shame. :p
Mmm I see. 20Mb/s or 20MB/s?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Mmm I see. 20Mb/s or 20MB/s?
Mb/s. So 2.5 MB/s. I'm getting a good deal more than that at certain times. :p

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
when i grow up, i will live in a cardboard box, and get this super expensive awesome sauce mega cool internet plan and i will laugh in your faces

Until then..

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Speeds.png

it would be better if my wireless computer wasn't in the opposite corner of the house from where my router is, but im ok with the speed, if only it wouldn't crap out on me so often (it routinely goes down at-least once a month for a good 6-10 hours, not because of the wireless but because of comcrap)

@ tom_mai78101 - I don't know of any such plans, however some business DSL's are supposed to have the same upload speed as they have for download speed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.