When Starcraft 2 comes out, Will anyone ever be on warcraft 3?

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
I'm sure WoW will not even be affected ( or affected the most awkwardly)
but there most likely is going to be a huge change of players on wc3 (something sc2 needs to stay alive)
so pro players will want to change games due to long search times

can't even AT 3 vs 3 unless you want to wait for an AT 4 vs 4, which could take 30+ minutes to search

anyway, sc2 isn't new news, people have been informed for a few years, so A LOT of people already know about it, and after sc2 starts, even more will.
EDIT
also, my social studies teacher and cousin are super excited about sc2, that kind of enthusiam rubs off on anyone who knows of the subject
>> jonadrian : You played starcraft in kindergarden?

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I think when some time has past lots of custom map players will play starcraft2 because allthough you don't have the medieval setting you can still create it by creating new models and stuff. And the editor itself will have plenty of new possibilities ...
The biggest one in my opinion is the one, that creating third-person maps in which you can aim with your mouse, will be possible.
But the fact that people are able to set a price for their maps kinda bugs me... this could really be a major downside... (I'm thinking about the amount of money you can spend for stupid DLC on xbox or anywhere esle :/ )

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I'm still gonna play Dota on Wc3 and make maps on Wc3, but I will be playing starcraft 2 once it comes out.

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
I doubt the SC II editor will be quite as in depth as the WC III WE...I just can't imagine that.

You might have an imagination leak...(jk ^^)

What will make me get sc2 in all cost would be the goddamn new technology
behind it. And ofc....protoss!

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You might have an imagination leak...(jk ^^)

What will make me get sc2 in all cost would be the goddamn new technology
behind it. And ofc....protoss!

I'm heading to star craft two because the new world editor will kick ass.

Xienoph

Reaction score
I'll wait until there are enough contents and improvements to SC 2's editor. I'll play SC 2, but won't touch the editor until all two expansions have been released.

Joccaren

Reaction score
I personally will keep with WC3. Partially because I just love the amount of maps and the RPG element as well as the large array of races, Partially because I probably won't be allowed to get SC2 for a while.
I'm pretty happy with WC3, all I want blizzard to do with it for the moment is release minor patches that make map making easier and games more balanced whilst not destroying older maps (Like 1.24 did)

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I want the SC II editor but for wc3. If they give us the ability to use wc3 models in SC II than I'll definitely be getting SC II because we know they aren't going to make our wc3 editor like SC II's.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I want the SC II editor but for wc3. If they give us the ability to use wc3 models in SC II than I'll definitely be getting SC II because we know they aren't going to make our wc3 editor like SC II's.

Even if it was like SCII I think the majority of people will still succumb to the Overmind and stuff, the 3D Graphics are ALOT better.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
people not so many wc3 players will switch to SCII so early maby later in but if you like it or not the fact is most people on wc3 play dota and take it to competitive levels and tornaments so they are the majority of wc3 and i think they will be sticking with wc3 until proper decent scII custom maps are out.

punwisp

Reaction score
Starcraft is supposed to be almost an entire genre different from Warcraft III... and it basically is, if you've ever played them. Same basic concept, but that difference easily leaves people wanting to play wc III. of course, when you think about similar editors....I doubt the SC II editor will be quite as in depth as the WC III WE...I just can't imagine that. So I'll probly still play WCC II (along with SC II :3) ...I think I like the graphical style a little better anyway.

No offense, but you have no idea what your talking about.

More in depth? the SC2 editor is FAR more advanced, and has loads more goodies then wc3.

Anything can always be more advanced. Its not like we are on the tip of our tech level.

The editor provides so much more capabilities and stuff you would have to trigger the crap out of, when now can be done with a couple clicks.

Plus there putting in a Model editor in WE. It is so much more advanced.

Wc3 was primitive. The graphics were, editor, everything. As they make more RTS, there games and editors become more advanced, and better.

But to break peoples hearts (Because its true)

You won't be able to import wc3 models( Like custom and stuff) Into wc3. Its a different format I believe. Plus would look very out of place, being in SC2. And lot of the different death animations, physics etc wouldn't fit in SC2.

(btw they announced this)

Also the specs won't be that hight, the minimum anyway, they always make sure most can play it. Besides its a new age, people should be modernizing there pcs, people shouldn't be having windows 95 Machines, 1 GB RAM pcs with 80-180 Storage. As years pass, everything rises up, though lot of people don't do this with computers, and Just decent PCS are lot better then most lower end old PCs, and there pretty cheap too, and Guaranteed can play SC2 fine. Though prob not on high ^.^

Flamingpig

Reaction score
I think people will still play because some people will get bred of Sc2 or they aren't as familiar and enjoy playing wc3 and anyway people have so many downloads for wc3 they will think Sc2 won't catch up. Eventually Sc2 will make most of the wc3 games but it will take a while.

elkyur

Reaction score
Lol

I like the gameplay of Starcraft and the powerful editor of Warcraft. Give me Starcraft II and my life is complete, like AndrewGosu after he realized that he already has the 'Penguin Squeek' ability.

Thats not true Starcraft 2 will have even more powerfull world edit. Look in youtube video. There will be all wc3 models imported in editor. There will be same games than in wc3 like dota. There will even more powerful world edit try to belive. Sc2 will be double good as wc3.

Asdfblah1

Reaction score
take heed in the post dates before quoting someone half a year ago.

i might switch over to sc2 to take part in potential free/premium map wars just for giggles (creating free versions of premium maps).

edit: didn't find anything on the interface of the editor but the fps looks cool in this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o874t6Sw1Y8

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.