When Starcraft 2 comes out, Will anyone ever be on warcraft 3?

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Im just wondering, everyone on warcraft wants starcraft 2 (almost everyone)

so will there be a point to continue playing warcraft 3 if everyone just suddenly switches games when starcraft 2 comes out

Will you continue to play warcraft?

Have you done everything on warcraft you wanted to, or will you continue it on starcraft II

Has mastering warcraft been for nothing if everyone buys wc3?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sure the World Editors will be very similar. So 'mastering wc3' wasn't for nothing.

I'll probably remake the map I'm making now for Sc2 if it comes out soon. I'm just here for the world editors. I couldn't care less about the gameplay. :D

I'm also sure Wc3 won't die out. Many people (me) prefer the medieval theme to the futuristic theme of starcraft.

YourFace

Reaction score
I'm sure the World Editors will be very similar. So 'mastering wc3' wasn't for nothing.

I'll probably remake the map I'm making now for Sc2 if it comes out soon. I'm just here for the world editors. I couldn't care less about the gameplay. :D

I'm also sure Wc3 won't die out. Many people (me) prefer the medieval theme to the futuristic theme of starcraft.

ah i see
but I would say the gameplay is what will attract most of the people in wc3
rather than the editors
after all, blizzard games require a lot of skill, something gamers can't resisit ;)

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
im pretty sure people will still play wc3. it wasnt until wc3 came out that wc2 bnet went dead, and it wasnt till Diablo 2 that diablo went dead. im pretty sure Sc2 will just eliminate Sc BW but wc3 will still be played. so im guessing until we get Wc4 well still be using wc3

YourFace

Reaction score
interesting

but how many players will switch from wc3 to sc2?

the searching time for finding players will increase by atleast 100% in ladder
and i do believe that people who play only custom games will most likely stay in wc3

unless there are a lot of custom games on sc2

CaptDeath

Reaction score
Yes
is all that need be said
for reasons following
A people who cant afford
1 a comp capable of SC2
2 internet for SC2
3 SC2 the game
B Peopple whom are like romek likeing the medeval ness
C People who like to rotate games after one becomes boring[like my self]

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
i honestly dont know if i will buy sc2, i mean i love wc3 for its rpg element such as heros and spell abilities as well as the medievil theme. while they said sc2 will have hero capabilities, it just isnt going to feel right with machine guns and robots.

YourFace

Reaction score
i honestly dont know if i will buy sc2, i mean i love wc3 for its rpg element such as heros and spell abilities as well as the medievil theme. while they said sc2 will have hero capabilities, it just isnt going to feel right with machine guns and robots.

true, and for me, something like that is hard to tell without actually testing the game to see

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that will be possible, as long as there is an Import Manager (should be obvious that it will come with the Editor if they have it) to use. And of course, people will start up programs to assist in crafting the skins, models, and whatnot in the future. But that's assuming Starcraft 2 has the Editor.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Im just wondering, everyone on warcraft wants starcraft 2 (almost everyone)

so will there be a point to continue playing warcraft 3 if everyone just suddenly switches games when starcraft 2 comes out

Will you continue to play warcraft?

Have you done everything on warcraft you wanted to, or will you continue it on starcraft II

Has mastering warcraft been for nothing if everyone buys wc3?
I willl most likly make short infrequent returns to wc3, but mostly stay with sc2.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Probably stay with WC3 for a while then continue to SC2, depending on my computer performance, that is. Hope I can get a new one by then.

Hmmm... But something to think about. I wonder how much impact it would make to WEHZ? It'll probably die off slowly (or fastly o_O). Will the SEHZ be popular?

jinzono

Reaction score
Wc3 is probebly the best game ever ( I think so) but sure som1 will switch game to Starcraft 2. But Wc3 i still here even if most of all computer playing people in the world is playing WoW. I wont change game.....:thup:

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I like the gameplay of Starcraft and the powerful editor of Warcraft. Give me Starcraft II and my life is complete, like AndrewGosu after he realized that he already has the 'Penguin Squeek' ability.

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
i will probly get starcraft since a lot of the idiots on bnet will probly still be on warcraft 3 i hope cuase i want to at least play but il probly still play WoW and warcraft 3 just not wc3 on bnet

Fydorian

Reaction score
Starcraft is supposed to be almost an entire genre different from Warcraft III... and it basically is, if you've ever played them. Same basic concept, but that difference easily leaves people wanting to play wc III. of course, when you think about similar editors....I doubt the SC II editor will be quite as in depth as the WC III WE...I just can't imagine that. So I'll probly still play WCC II (along with SC II :3) ...I think I like the graphical style a little better anyway.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
I doubt wc3 will die out since the new wc3 wow is being made. If it is, then team members in wc3 wow wasted about 3 years of amazing work.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Definitely not. While I love and always will love Warcraft III, it's gotten to the point that the only reason I play it is for modding, and since SCII is a HUGE step forward in that category, I have no use for playing WCIII, save for maybe doing the campaign for nostalgia's sake.

I doubt wc3 will die out since the new wc3 wow is being made. If it is, then team members in wc3 wow wasted about 3 years of amazing work.

As good as it will be, I can't see anyone staying on WC3 for just that game. Not to mention most people that still play WCIII don't even know about it, considering most people who play WC3 don't go on forums about it, and if they do, I would bet that 65% of those people have never heard of WC3: WoW

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Still going to play Wc3 on a weekly basis, but from the point where Sc2 is released, I'll only treat mapmaking as a hobby, not an everyday task.

I was hooked by Starcraft when I was just a kindergarten student and a 3-year veteran player until I moved on to Wc3. I don't know about Sc2, though the graphics and gameplay are awesome, sounds like I'm going to get hooked at Starcraft once again, after 6 years:p.

-- Umaku iku yō ni -|- jonadrian619 --​

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.