where my characters!?!?

M

munkey

i just installed the D2 expansion and after playing with the druid and assasin i try to play with my old characters from the original D2. They are not there!!!!
all my characters (single player) have completely disappeared!! they are still in my "save" folder but are nowhere to be seen in the actual game.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
you can't use them with the expansion-- you would have to either convert them into expansion characters, or load up original D2 (I think you need the original D2 playdisc for this) and play them through there

I don't own the expansion so I can't be more specific and I might be misunderstanding you anyway

D

Dymus

I had that problem too.
Make sure that the old character files are under the same folder as the D2X characers.
That allowed me to access my old characters.

Z

Zendu

The way i solved it was patchig up, since d2x is 1.07 but my guys were 1.08...try that

T

TwRecks

Old characters should show up without converting them; they just play in d2 classic and not the expansion until they're converted. You don't put the original d2 disc in anymore; the lod disc plays both versions.

Try patching to 1.08 (make sure to get the lod version) and they should be back.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.