Which map has the most heroes you've ever seen?

V

VG Emblem

The thread title sums it up, simple question. Just curious as to what map has the most heroes overall, or which one you've seen with the most.

V

VG Emblem

I thought so, how many heroes does Dota have?

My map has 53 at the moment (including the standard game heroes, so 30 custom), how many more do I need to beat them?

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I bet that's more than DotA. And if your heroes are original, they will most certainly beat DotA:s.

V

VG Emblem

Seriously? Heh, I plan to have 100 heroes by the time the map reaches v1.00. (Of course in increments though, since the newest release will be v0.80, soon.)

M

Mini-Me

Haha, i knew it!
I checked this post already earlier and the first thought that came in to my mind was "i bet the answer is one of his own maps".
You are a crafty lynx vg emblem. :cool:

V

VG Emblem

Mini-Me said:
Haha, i knew it!
I checked this post already earlier and the first thought that came in to my mind was "i bet the answer is one of his own maps".
You are a crafty lynx vg emblem. :cool:
I actually didn't think so. I know my map has a pretty big amount of heroes, but I didn't think (and still have doubts) that mine is first.

Sorry if this came out sounding like bragging, it was really just out of curiosity. :/

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
dota has 77 heros, and you said before you have 30+ wc standard heros.. does that mean you pretty much have spam heros with no triggered abilities?
cuz dota has at least 60 perfect heros, it really doesn't matter the # of heros you have, it matters how many of those heros are fun to play, not to be a kill joy or anything!! :D

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Halo 2 Footies has 7-9 Heros for all 3 races right now. More will be added.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
But yea dota does come to mind when i think of most heroes. It also comes to mind when i think of worst designed heroes ever, but w/e. I know ive probably seen plently of maps with more but i cant remember any in specific...

cuz dota has at least 60 perfect heros, it really doesn't matter the # of heros you have, it matters how many of those heros are fun to play
HOLY FROODLENUTZSKIE! We have a dota player saying quality>quantity!!!
APOCOLYPSE!!!!
Seriously, that is the weirdest thing i have ever seen before. Almost everybody who hates dota hates it because of 2 things:
1: popularity
2: imbalance and unfunness due to crappy design of heroes

I am permastunned.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
yes, i am a dota player, and it does cause map makers grief because no one is willing to try new things, regardless of that fact, it is a good game, and there is "minor" imbalance at best, there is a hero, or item that counters everything, and no hero is overly favored because he has an unstoppable ultimate, sure there are heros people like to play more just because they are cooler, pugna vrs bane, most people would chose bane, but pugna can be a wrecking ball if you play him right.. the only other game i can think of that has quite as many hero choices as dota, would be enmity campaign, which is another great game that just so happens to be an AOS

V

VG Emblem

Welll, I guess it's settled then:

I'll just have to go for the 100 hero mark afterall. I already have more than half, and with a skilled trigger man by my side now, I should have more freedom. Watch out, Dota.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
QWell, I think Cot has at least 75, either wway it has 8 taverns full so about 92 I think. (I might be wrong, but either way it has a lot of heros)

Reaction score
DotA has a total of eight taverns. 6 of them are full (together 72) plus the 2 tiny taverns with a total of 5 heroes. So, DotA has 77 custom heroes with more than 50% of the skills trigger based (or atleast I think so). However, the heroes are (as many people have noticed) quite imbalanced.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Yea, DotA has alot of heroes..But 60 PERFECT heroes??? Sorry, I totally disagree, I've played dota over the pat 4-5 years.. And thus far only 4 of the heroes in the game are satisfactory.

Earthshaker
Stone Giant
Beastmaster
Twin-head Dragon

These heroes are the only ones that actually take skill/strategy. Their abilities need to be accurately aimed to be effective. They aren't all point + click 1000 dmg nukes (lion + slayer come to mind), They haven't got spammed standard wc3 abilities (King Leoric, Lion etc), They have well-triggered abilities that add new tactics to the game.

I suppose Pudge could be added to the above list with his hook ability, But in my opinion hes unbalanced.. He gains str for killing units? He has a 100+ damage immolation + slow, and his ultimate.. meant to be short-range but many times I've seen it used at 450 range +

-That was my first official DotA rant ;)

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
actually there is an average of like 1.3 or so triggered abilities per hero

1.3/4<<.5

FYI

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
if you mean balanced in an aos then perhaps tob or aom would win. most of their heroes are balanced (although i hate jimmy's ulti) and there's just enough (about 20...not too many, not too few).
my oppinion about the number of heroes: not too many, not too few. 20-30 is enough. you really don't want players to spend about an hour for deciding which hero to take...or even worse to take random and get something they really didn't want.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
which is exactly the point

half the heroes in dota, if i get them, i repick or quit, cuz i really dont want to play them cuz either they suck or are boring

that does no denote balanced heroes

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.