Whirlwind & magic immunity

Rushhour

Reaction score
I'm getting mad about this...My problem is the following:
My blademaster hero has the standard whirlwind ability. I played around with the field "Magic Damage Reduction" (values from 1.0 to 0.0) .
But no matter what I put the value all units with magic attack damage run away from the hero as soon as he uses it.
They run to the place where they spawned, keep the orderstring "attack" and just stand still.

Is this some effect of the hardcoded AI / hardcoded whirlwind spell? Any workarounds? :confused:
I don't need the magic immunity, but I couldn't recode the whirlwind ability cause the "spin" animation isn't played correctly (mixes up with the "move" and "stand" animation) when you move the hero during the effect.

Rushhour

Reaction score
Sounds good, but this wasn't the solution to the problem. they still flee no matter if reduction is set to 0.0 or 1.0
But wait, isn't there a custom model of the whirlwind spin somewhere on the hive? Maybe it's once again easier to do the stuff yourself :D

Thanks anyway Nherwyziant.

canons200

Reaction score
that is NORMAL, when you cast bladestorm, your unit gain magic immune ability for the duration. At this period of time, all unit that are magic attack, can't attack you, since you are not their target at that time, they of course will ignore you.

just like if you use divine shield, unit can't attack you, so they will just ignore you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.