Why am I doing this?

S

sATARa

Originally posted by Mind
Now we're deviating even more from the topic. I don't wish to read endless messages containing jokes. If humor is the only thing I can enjoy in my life,…

Man I really duno whats keeping you down, but If that joke didnt cheer you up, I dont think its likely anything on this forum will...

(btw I busted my ass translating that joke, and thats what I get, shame on you :p (another joke) )

Anyway, dont talk about stuff like suicide. I know you probably dont mean it, but if nothing else it can freak out people around you and you could end up with some boring councelor that treats you like a lunatic. I mean things surely cant be that bad, if average teen problems are the only things bothering you... girls... friends...
Anyway, in your case Mind, I dont see whats wrong with your maps. At least the one I played is quite good.
Havent seen yours DU_CyNiCaL_oNe... yet :)

Mind

Reaction score
I don't stop designing maps because they aren't good enough, but because I don't enjoy (and even suffer) designing them.

S

sATARa

Heh, I think I know what you mean.
But isn`t that nice feeling you get when you look at your "good" almost done map enough? ;)

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess thats another point, if you dont feel your map is fun, then either make it more enjoyable or start again (or give up).

Its important to be hard on yourself, as long as you do it rationally. What I mean is, be hard on yourself, but dont feel sorry for yourself. Be practical about the situation, try and come up with a way to turn it into a positive. And if you want help with something, just ask someone (or some people) you can rely on.

Z

zozoR

i like the challenge in map making.. its funny i can spend ours..

but i think it has a side effect or two:

1: u get lost in your own world
2: u lose your memory (thats for my part or else its because i dont want to be older :/)
3: you see the world as the editors triggers

note to everybody!!! go outside get some chicks and get social.
it dosnt work for me though, i really dont like to be with other people:/

Mind

Reaction score
You still don't get it eh?
I don't design levels to play them myself, but to enjoy designing them.
Since I don't enjoy doing so, I quit.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mind
I don't stop designing maps because they aren't good enough, but because I don't enjoy (and even suffer) designing them.

Two things.

One, I did this doom mod that I called RAGE DOOM about 10 years ago, making me 14. To this day, I forgot about that, and figgured all the work I did for DOOM, DOOM 2, Heretic, and hexen was lost.

I did a google search for my name, for my fight record, and found that WAD file. Someone hosted it on the web, and its downloadable. They even have my full name by it. So whos to say, its forever gone. I left feedback, seeing that someone is hosting a mod I did almost 10 years ago. I never handed it out really, or uploaded it places. 10 years ago, the internet was text and BBS only. HOWEVER, it makes me feel real old, and brings a tear to my eye. I thought of you when I saw it, so I found this post.

Secondly, I finally opened a Scream for Venagance. I can tell, from scrolling around your map, a LOT of work went into this. I just can't accept the ammount of talent and work I saw, thrown away. Plus, your triggers are so clean and organized, it makes me smile.

So don't feel so bad about your work. From your trigger code alone, I can tell your like me. Anything you truly love in life, you will do well at. And if you don't, you'll try harder. Even if its not making maps.

Food for though :)
-SD_Ryoko

Mind

Reaction score
It's not thrown away. I uploaded it on the same site where you uploaded you map.

Well, I'm not sure if it's uploaded on the site, but I sended it to one of the moderators.

Ryoko TD is rather popular on Battle.net. It's certainly succesfull, too.
It's very fun to play with multiple people, unlike most TD's.

Eh, can you tell me the URL of that site?

D

darkassaisin

i hate map making anyway but i do it cause i want a map that was exactly what i wanted to play so i could have fun with that and i wanted other people to have fun too.:D but when i do it with someone else it is way more fun like when i get help here. i hate having to solve hard problems on my own takes too long.:) :( :eek: :D ;) :p :cool: :mad: :rolleyes:

lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.