Why I couldn't unsubscribe a thread the moment I post a Quick Reply?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Every time I tried to unsubscribe a thread I replied with the Quick Reply feature, it always shows up "Subscribe to this thread" in the Thread Tools drop-down menu.

Why can't it say that I can unsubscribe to this thread once I posted a quick reply post?

It's bothering me.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
No, it isn't that.

I meant this:

untitledff2.gif

That one is supposed to be an unsubscribed thread. I haven't replied to that thread, so the vB see me as a user who has unsubscribed/has not subscribed to this thread. (I set the Daily Subscription up in the User CP, way before I have 100 posts.)

Now, I tried to replied to that thread, with this showing for the just posted reply.

untitled1au7.gif

Now, I did posted a reply in that thread, meaning I had this thread subscribed automatically. To stop that subscription, I go back up and clicked the "Thread Tools" menu. It still shows up as "Subscribe to this thread", instead of "Unsubscribe from this thread".

So, that's my problem. Why can't it say "Unsubscribe from this thread" the moment I posted a reply using the Quick Reply feature, but instead, shows "Subscribe to this thread"?

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
So, replying to a thread, doesn't mean you're automatically subscribed to that thread in the "Subscribed Threads", from the Quick Links menu?

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay then, how do you fix the main problem?

I'm dying to know how.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> I'm dying

An excellent choice :p

"Quick reply" is just that, a quick reply.
It does not refresh the page you replied to. And, as such, does not set up or edit or whatever any subscriptions...

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not dead yet.

Where can I turn this on for myself? Something similar like this one below.

85286535xz0.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.