Winzips?

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Just wondering what the point of Winzips are, I thought at first it was to compress files, but over almost a half gig of data, I only save a few MBs.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what the point of Winzips are, I thought at first it was to compress files, but over almost a half gig of data, I only save a few MBs.
Compress and you can't upload Directorys so your rar or zip the directory and you can upload it.

Also to add passwords.

Also it depends on how you compress, WinRAR compresses more than Winzip and it depends on your zipping method/configuration.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Hmm, allright, thx!

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
It's generally used to upload as sqrage said, but also for ease of use... for example, if i have 100 files i need to transfer across the internet, it would take forever to send them one by one (since you would need to upload them all individually.) However, if i zip/rar/tar them then they can be uploaded as one, larger file. You can also add passwords to this file..etc. The compression really isn't as important compared to the ease of use. Compression was important when harddrives were small. Not the case nowadays.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.