World Editor Bug

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
This is something I just noticed. I based triggered cast spell off carrion swarm and no matter what I did the dummy would not cast the spell. After replacing the spell with a shockwave based spell that had the same values the trigger, with nothing changed but the spell to be cast and the orderstring worked fine. I'm convinced that something is wrong with the Undead Dread Lord Carrion Swarm orderstring.

Has anyone experienced this problem and does anyone know how to fix it?

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
I have never even heard of that problem before. Are you sure that the dummy was able to cast the ability? Have you tested to change back to carrion swarm, check everything through and try again?

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
As far as I know the dummy could cast the ability. I altered the trigger in a test and removed the hide unit and add expiration timer function. The unit appeared got the spell and got the right level of the spell. I t just didn't cast it, And the dummy has max mana even though the spell has no cost and infinite cast range.

Edit: Set the spell back to carrion swarm without changing anything else, still nothing.

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Code:
Nega Wave Cast
    Events
        Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Nega Wave 
    Actions
        Set Temp_Point = (Position of Orb)
        Unit - Create 1 Caster for (Owner of Caster) at Temp_Point facing (Facing of Caster) degrees
        Set dummycast = (Last created unit)
        Unit - Hide dummycast
        Unit - Add Nega wave 2 to dummycast
        Unit - Set level of Nega wave 2 for dummycast to (Integer((Elapsed time for Charge_Time)))
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Elapsed time for Charge_Time)))
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Level of Nega wave 2 for dummycast)))
        Unit - Order dummycast to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave Target_Point
        Unit - Remove Orb from the game
        Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to dummycast
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Target_Point)
        Set dummycast = No unit
        Set Orb = No unit
        Set Caster = No unit
        Countdown Timer - Pause Charge_Time
        Custom script:   call DestroyTimer(udg_Charge_Time)

Oddly enough I've noticed the spell only returns the proper level when the spell is at level one. Which is strange since the only change is the cast time.

Edit: Ignore my ranting at the bottom I outsmarted myself on the level up ability

LightChaosma

Reaction score
use unit starts the effect of ability to start with, still reading trigger.

other then that it looks OK... alotugh what is orb and those timers?...

Flow

Reaction score
No, I think the ability looks like it uses a charge time, so then the appropriate event would probably indeed be stops casting...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.