World Editor Freezes - Strange Problem

F

FKNCrazy

System32, you know what 32 is in reverse? 23. Thats right, twenty-three.
Delete it to win at life.

Lulz im jking

Did you delete the 2 files?

duyen

Reaction score
I have had the same problem. Your graphic card is over-heating. Try installing a\better fan.

F

FKNCrazy

O Rly? Well, you could download a program like VDOTool and modify the fan settings, the 3D fan settings should always be on 100% 2D will be lower, just up that to like 100% Should work. I have both my 3D and 2D on 100% and my computer never heats up. (as far as i know)

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
"Wouldn't deleting the System32 folder cause windows to crash? Isn't System32 homage to some core processes of the windows OS?"

omg! WHAT ARE YOU DOING! don't delete that lol, its your entire windows system.... sorta
has all the .dll and stuff to keep your computer running.

you delete that, and a new graphics cards is not all that you will be needing.

Xenoche

Reaction score
------UPDATE-----

I have stumbled over what seems to be a solution (finally). After serching on google with the keyword 'sysdata.msi' I found a forum where someone was having the same problem, not with WC, but with Call of Duty, after searching the thread I found a suggestion to delete C:/Documents and Settings/ <youradminnamehere>/Local Settings/Temp, and also to un-hide the local settings folder, and restart the computer reseting the Temp folder and Local settings.

What blew me away was, it worked :confused:, I couldn't understand how this one folder could possibly have an effect on WC:WE terrain editor (@_@)

I'm happy that I can finally continue mapping after what feels like years.

Thanks all for your suggestions, It seems this experience, for me at least, has highlighted the fact that computers are staggeringly strange and unpredictable machines, to think I was about to kick my computer to pieces :eek:.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.