Would it be possible to save all this in an RPG?

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hero, Exp, Items (Using Tom Jones' Extended inventory system), level of spells learned, and profession levels.

Im not sure how i'd do profession levels yet. I want to make the max profession level 100 of say blacksmithing, and because of such a high level I was hoping there would be a way to save it, if I put it in a spellbook the hero has. Because I would need more room for all the professions.

Also another question, if this is way too much to save with 1 code, how well would using 2 codes work out? Like save the hero stuff to one and items, gold, lumber etc to another.

Dest

Reaction score
Of course it's possible. If you don't know how to trigger it, use a save/load system.

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Should have reworded the first post but anyway, I know you can save the hero stuff np, but will they work for a spellbook & will it save Tom Jones' item system?

Dest

Reaction score
Should have reworded the first post but anyway, I know you can save the hero stuff np, but will they work for a spellbook & will it save Tom Jones' item system?

If you trigger it rightly, it should.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
When you save a unit in a game cache, it saves everything except the units hp, mana and ability cooldowns.

If the extended inventory is triggered, save the items in variables then save them into the game cache

You can save the Hp or Mana of a unit in a game cache by using integer variables

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
can't use GameCache in multi player(which it sounds like, as an RPG), and saving at least 100 'items' would go berserk... and then you still got the professions..

You're stuck between a rock and a hard place ( I think )

Yoshii

Reaction score
using more than 1 code is insane in my opinion, also saving ability is not needed unless you somehow acquire ability in your map, what you can instead do is save the hero type and his lvl ( to spend the skill pint) which will in turn save the hero ability.Also im not sure how your blacksmith work as you did not explain but its either a spell of X level or some integer that show in a multiboard; you can save blacksmith in a integer variable and have the game load the level lvl of spell or integer when you load.

Also, saving hero type, hero lvl,X,Y coord,gold,and hero stats,6 items already make a code long, so adding the extended inventory on top..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.