You remember the Bonus Campaign from TFT right?

PsykoReaper

Reaction score
If so...:thup:

If not...:banghead:

Well, I am tryin' to make an RPG on WarCraft III, and I want it to be like the Bonus Orc Campaign, so that is why....

Please help, tell me how to do it, because no one has ANY answers, I checked, so please tell me or redirect me to a place that has the answer.

Any help, will be...helpful...

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Welcome to The Helper, PsykoReaper! (cool name :D)

I assume you already know the basics of the World Editor, in which case, I suggest you head over and read the following tutorials:

How to use the AI editor
A guide to making a good RPG
How to make cinematics

And so many more that can be found here.

Also, follow the link in the affiliate sites to The Hive Workshop (big yellow HIVE), they have tonnes more and more advanced tutorials. This is a good way to get the basics and some advanced techniques of making maps, if you encounter any problems, just post it up here or PM one of us (preferrably the former).

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I think he means map swaps. As you are new here, you probably don't know this but it is best to search first, you will almost always find the answer to your question. Here is a simple map swap Trigger:

Create Game Cache (Do this in all maps) :
Trigger:
  • Initialize
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game Cache - Create a game cache from Dungeons

Map one Save:
Trigger:
  • Cannith Crystal Enter
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Town Hall <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Actions
      • Game Cache - Store (Entering unit) as Hero of Category in (Last created game cache)
      • Game Cache - Save (Last created game cache)
      • Game - Save game as Korthos Village.w3z and change level to Maps\DD Stormreach\Cannith Crystal.w3x (Skip scores)

Map two Load:
Trigger:
  • Initialize
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game Cache - Restore Hero of Category from (Last created game cache) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Spawn 1 <gen>) facing 0.00

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
You can find that campaign from the MPQ I think. Just open it and check how Blizzard did all that stuff.

PsykoReaper

Reaction score
Well, thank you

Thanx, but I ask somethin' from Joccaren.

In the first trigger, what does "Dungeons" mean, cause it keeps on telling me a Map Name or any of that crud...:(

Joccaren

Reaction score
Dungeons was just a name I used for my game cache. It can be anything so long as you keep it the same in every map that uses that game cache.

If you are popping up with a map error, make sure that you have the correct path for the map set in the 'Change Level to...' trigger. It can't just be the map name. It needs to be something like this:

Maps/OtherFolder1/OtherFolder2/OtherFolder3/Yourmap.w3x

Maps is for the maps directory and you always start of the path with this. The OtherFolder 1,2 and three are optional, depending on whether your map is stored further in than just the map folder (Like you have gone to the map folder, created a new folder called 'My maps' and saved it there or something like that).

If it keeps having errors, post screenshots of your triggers and where you map is in your warcraft folder. Then, I'll write the correct path for you :thup:

PsykoReaper

Reaction score
You win this round, Broccoli!

Another question that has to pretain to this campaign I'm makin', well, two...

1. How do I upload custom data to my map when I made it in Campaign Editor?

2. How do I keep the same level of the same heroes from the last mission?

I know, I am a little to lazy to search the whole place for them...:D

Joccaren

Reaction score
1. Export it from the object editor than import it into the AI editor. (The import option is below the 'custom data' text)
2. Save them in the ame cache then load them. They keep the same items/XP/Lvl/Abilities and everything except HP and Mana.

If you want to load the HP/Mana, save them in the game cache as real variables then, in the next map, set the units hp/mana to those real variables

PsykoReaper

Reaction score
Alright!

I think I got some of the stuff down, a few more questions...I am a n00b in World Editor...

1. When I put the hero in the game cache, what is the whole mechanics of putting the hero there on the map

2. There is going to be moments where you talk to people, and I saw this one game when playing WC3 online where there was this talk spell and they would say somethin' or another, how do I do that?

3. How do you make sound, cause I do the whole last played sound at it does nothin'...

Sorry again...:eek:

Virus

Reaction score
1. Not really sure what you ment there.

2. Think i know about the "Talk To" ability you speak of. It's a custom, rather complicated ability which was made using triggers. You shouldn't get into complex stuff like that if you're new. Try spending time on learning the basics first.

3. First press F5 in the editor. You now have acces to a big list of sounds/music. You can listen to a sound by double clicking it (or pressing CTRL+A). If you found a sound which you would like to use, right click it and then select "Use as sound"; and now you're ready to use your sound in a trigger:
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Sound - Play YourSelectedSound

PsykoReaper

Reaction score
One down, two to go...

In the first one, I mean a hero that I put in the game cache, and when you put it in the next level, where do you put it?

Also, I NEED the talk thang, because it needs to have conversation or it won't be as good...

Dest

Reaction score
Also, I NEED the talk thang, because it needs to have conversation or it won't be as good...

Trigger:
  • Conversation
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from a Player 1 (Red) Footman named Dork at (Center of (Playable map area)): Play No sound and display Hey I'm a dork!. Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)

This is an example of chatting, if I get what you mean. :nuts:

Joccaren

Reaction score
To load a hero from a game cache, you simply use the 'Restore unit' action and restore the label and catagory you saved your hero as. You must revive the hero at a point, just like creating a new unit. Please note, if your hero doesn' load, you may not have saved the game cache on the first map which is something you need to do.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.