3.1 Patch Talent Builds

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
You just put in some random combinations and thought they would be good for something? Where did you actually get those speccs from, or are they your own? Why are we supposed to play those speccs, give us some reasons.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
haha bit nooby - Death Knight DPS you put toughness rank 2, its for tanking

Hysteria - Spell cannot be casted on ur self so its pointless unless you use your ghoul.

Mark Of Blood - its a good spell for DPS who want to also fight alone

I have a lvl 80 DK like most people do if they have played the game much, im dps, blood and my main bonus is that i heal myself rapidly and usally beat meele peopel in duels are are full epic geared (i have crappy trinklets) because i healed myself. Bad talent points, it looks like you randomly put them together.

Oninuva

Reaction score
you just put in some random combinations and thought they would be good for something? Where did you actually get those speccs from, or are they your own? Why are we supposed to play those speccs, give us some reasons.

:p

Toughness 2 = Better than 30 Runic Power, there's no reason for you to stack Runic Power when you should be dumping them after each rotation for max dps.

MoB, these are raid builds.

These builds were all tested by multiple people on PTR and worked in ulduar, 25nax.

The frost build generates a constant 10k - 12k tps without raid buffs.

Cornface

Reaction score
:p

Toughness 2 = Better than 30 Runic Power, there's no reason for you to stack Runic Power when you should be dumping them after each rotation for max dps.

Are you fucking kidding me? More Runic Power=More Death Coils available. Also, There is even less reason to get an armor boost and slow reduction when you are a PvE dps. It's worthless. And why getting Rune Tap, you dont want to waste your main runes healing yourself. Also, bloodworms for PvE dps, that is, useless too.

quraji

zap
Reaction score
>Are you fucking kidding me? More Runic Power=More Death Coils available.

Yeah, if you can use them. Which usually you have more than enough runic power to dump anyways with some leftover (with a pve rotation).

>Also, There is even less reason to get an armor boost and slow reduction when you are a PvE dps. It's worthless.

Keeping in mind you just need the points in frost to get Black Ice/Annihilation, with Bladed Armor this is more effective then extra runic power.

>And why getting Rune Tap, you dont want to waste your main runes healing yourself. Also, bloodworms for PvE dps, that is, useless too.

Doesn't hurt...extra heals for aoe boss or whatever. Nothing else to put the points in to.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Are you fucking kidding me? More Runic Power=More Death Coils available. Also, There is even less reason to get an armor boost and slow reduction when you are a PvE dps. It's worthless. And why getting Rune Tap, you dont want to waste your main runes healing yourself. Also, bloodworms for PvE dps, that is, useless too.

As you can see from post above.. all explained..

Sometimes there are points that need to be used somwhere... But I would like to see your armory :p

Cornface

Reaction score
>Are you fucking kidding me? More Runic Power=More Death Coils available.

Yeah, if you can use them. Which usually you have more than enough runic power to dump anyways with some leftover (with a pve rotation).

>Also, There is even less reason to get an armor boost and slow reduction when you are a PvE dps. It's worthless.

Keeping in mind you just need the points in frost to get Black Ice/Annihilation, with Bladed Armor this is more effective then extra runic power.

>And why getting Rune Tap, you dont want to waste your main runes healing yourself. Also, bloodworms for PvE dps, that is, useless too.

Doesn't hurt...extra heals for aoe boss or whatever. Nothing else to put the points in to.

Yeah, maybe. If you fail at your rotation or whatever, and can only dump 2 Death Coils. Also, More Runic Power=Longer DRW.

And yes, it is completely unessecary to put 4 points in Blood Tap and Imp BT.
Why not go something like this instead?
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMVh0Isfof0stG0xLhZc:uzImMV
Or putting away points in KM and putting them somewhere else.
Alternativly going Blood/Sub Unholy

And 2 points in Toughness is near to completely useless.

Assuming 12k armor...
Bladed Armor AP bonus without toughness = roughly 333
Bladed Armor AP bonus with 5/5 toughness = roughly 385 as you point out
385 - 333 = roughly 50 AP bonus from the 5 points spent in talents. And that is with 5/5 in Toughness. (This was not my own calculations tho)

Also, looking at the glyphs.. Why take Glyph of Blood boil? Why slow down targets, what is the point, as it doesn't work on bosses, and does not increase your dps at all. Why not take Glyph of Dark Death for increased DC damage, or Glyph of Obli. if that is a part of your rotation?

And yeah, here is my armory
http://armory.wow-europe.com/charac...trom&cn=Jacquerie&gn=FunkmansFunkyHouseOfFunk

Some points in certain trees could probably be put elsewere, feel free to ask anything about it.

Oninuva

Reaction score
I'll let you DPS decide about that :p

But I am just posting what was tested on PTR to work.

Myself <-- is a tank.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Updated the Blood Build with a disease less build, i tested it with around a 1890 gear score for dps.

Around 2.6-2.8k dps on heroic naxx.

Rotation is:

OB - OB - HS - HS - RUNE DUMP
HS - HS - HS - HS - HS - HS - RUNE DUMP

Very simple rotation. Of course, you can fit in death coils and rune weapon in the raid fight whenever you deem neccesary.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
2.6k on Heroic Naxx? I've never really done 25-mans other than VoA (so, if there is a significant increase in the boss' mitigation that buffs alone won't compensate for, ignore this post :p), but that seems a bit meh - presumably, you've got far more buffs than you would in a 10-man which should give you a decent bit of a boost in DPS. With a 51-2-18 build, I'm getting 2.5 - 3k DPS on the straight-forward boss fights (I assume you're talking about something straight forward for the DPS).
Rotation is usually:
DSx2 -> HSx2 -> Blood Tap -> HS until I'm out of runes -> Death Coils -> start over. Although, for the tougher bosses, I usually go for DRW rather than dumping RP

My glyphs could do with a bit of work, I'm being a bit lazy about them right now, and a few... lacklustre, for want of a better word, enchantments :(

And, my Armory (WoW Armory seems to be down, hopefully Quick Armory will suffice)

Oninuva

Reaction score
Meh, I don't have a full DPS set, around 40% of my dps set is tanking gear.. 7.5 chest, glvoes.

But on a dummy it's around 2.8k dps. If I could get more dps gear I could probally hit a lot higher.

Cornface

Reaction score
Meh, I don't have a full DPS set, around 40% of my dps set is tanking gear.. 7.5 chest, glvoes.

But on a dummy it's around 2.8k dps. If I could get more dps gear I could probally hit a lot higher.

I'd say diseaseless builds are dead now, since the damage is increased so much by diseases now making your damage extremely gimped without them. Around 2.7k dps in Naxx25 ain't good either.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Just noticed this
Hysteria - Spell cannot be casted on ur self so its pointless unless you use your ghoul.
Oh? Unless it's changed in 3.1.0 (just checked patch notes, and can't seem to find anything to suggest that it's no loner self-targettable), Hysteria can be cast on yourself. Just make a macro for it with
Code:
/cast [target=player] Hysteria
I haven't played my DK much in the last few days, but I'm fairly certain I recall the fun red glow from Naxx run on Saturday ^-^

But on a dummy it's around 2.8k dps.
o_O I'm really confused here - how can you get higher DPS vs. target dummy? Maybe it's just me, but I would've thought that you'd get a reasonble loss DPS vs. the dummy since you wouldn't have usual raid buffs.

Also, on the subject of DPS - do any of you guys know a reasonable DPS output for 10-mans? Was doing 2.5 - 3k in most boss fights in Arachnid/Plague/Military quarter (except Heigan, and Four Horsemen since I was tanking Blaumeux/Zeliek) and I don't have any Recount stats from an earlier Naxx run. Never really been sure of what I should be capable of doing vs. what I'm doing :(

Oninuva

Reaction score
I'd say diseaseless builds are dead now, since the damage is increased so much by diseases now making your damage extremely gimped without them. Around 2.7k dps in Naxx25 ain't good either.

Well, just went to EoE25.. 3.2k dps on phase 1 <3

And hysteria is now worth the talent point because of recent changes...

Cornface

Reaction score
Well, just went to EoE25.. 3.2k dps on phase 1 <3

And hysteria is now worth the talent point because of recent changes...

But it might be considerable more with diseases applied. Also, how do I know you're not pulling out numbers from your ass? SS or it didn't happen.
Also, Malygos is a very bad example since you recieve damage amplifiers from him.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.