3.1 Patch Talent Builds

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
And hysteria is now worth the talent point because of recent changes...
Changes to Hysteria? The only changes I saw were
Hysteria, Tricks of the Trade, Enrage, Wrecking Crew, Death Wish, Arcane Power, Owlkin Frenzy, The Beast Within, and Avenging Wrath damage bonuses no longer stack together.
and
Hysteria: This ability now causes the target to lose health rather than take damage.

Neither of those changes would make it worthwhile to ignore pre-3.1.0. From my experience, it's always been a great talent, especially when combined with Dancing Rune Weapon (from what I've seen at WoWhead and Elitist Jerks, DRW gets a damage bonus if you have Hysteria/Abomination's Might/other buffs along those lines active when you cast DRW).

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
But it might be considerable more with diseases applied. Also, how do I know you're not pulling out numbers from your ass? SS or it didn't happen.
Also, Malygos is a very bad example since you receive damage amplifiers from him.

Well if you cannot believe me then I dunno who else you can believe on the forum.. I mean I don't just pop out of no where and have no rep bars..

But I'll do some more testing tonight.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Hance Shaman Leveling
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hi0hsZ0xgIoxzIGusRuVo

This maxes out the melee dps possible, taking advantage of the ele talents Elemental Devestation for frequent crit boosts, and Elemental Focus for mana conservation.

Also is a very good build for raiding, just take 3 points out of elemental fury to put into Enhancing totems.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Well if you cannot believe me then I dunno who else you can believe on the forum.. I mean I don't just pop out of no where and have no rep bars..
Well, did you get your rep solely from claiming to have a certain amount of DPS in a specific boss fight in WoW? :p I could say that I got 5000 DPS in a 5-man Heroic (which actually did happen), but would you believe me just because I said it and have X amount of rep? :p

Also, with that information (i.e. the damage amplifiers on the Malygos fight - I haven't done Malygos yet, so I'm just taking Cornface's word for truth here), 3.2k doesn't seem all that awesome.

It was the Dalronn-Skarvald fight in Utgarde Keep before 3.1.0, and I had Dancing Rune Weapon up while under Hysteria/Bloodlust, and Empower Rune Weapon ^_^ Not really a normal situation to get Recount data on DPS, but it was amusing at the same time

Also, he could believe those with more rep bars (j/k :p)

Oninuva

Reaction score
Here is me at heroic dummy..

Attachments

• dps.jpg
    dps.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 324

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Here is me at heroic dummy..

3.6k vs. the target dummy? Seriously, how can you be doing more damage without raid buffs than in a raid environment? It boggles the mind (for me at least >.>). My only question would be length of time spent at the dummy. [del]For all we know, that could be a few seconds worth of burst damage, especially with your claimed 40% DPS gear[/del]. In 5-man Heroic/10-man Naxx gear, I'd only be getting around 2.2 - 2.5k on the dummy, over 3 or 4 min period. Or can partial DPS gear from 25-man instances really make that much of a difference, evne if it's only partial DPS gear

Oh, just noticed that you had 200k damage done to the dummy - few seconds of burst theory is straight out the window then :p

Oninuva

Reaction score
Because in Raid Enviroment you don't get to hit it as much.. EoE he flys, vortex, I have to pull sparks, etc. My main job isn't to DPS in EoE25 but to do sparks. It boggles your mind because it's disease less :p

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Because in Raid Enviroment you don't get to hit it as much.. EoE he flys, vortex, I have to pull sparks, etc. My main job isn't to DPS in EoE25 but to do sparks. It boggles your mind because it's disease less :p

Whatever. Your numbers are clearly wrong, you don't have any facts/SS/whatever to support your claims. I, and I hope others here know, that rep don't proof a shit when it comes to WoW theorycrafting and does not increase your credibility a bit.

Also, if you read any good theorycrafting sites, such as elitiskjerks, you'll see that diseaseless builds are dead. But it seems you don't read such sites, so I suggest you start do so if you want to get more of a clue what you are talking about.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Hey

Hey guys.

Stfu.

More than half this thread has been your useless arguing, there have almost no builds apart from the ones in the first post.

This thread isnt a death knight "L2Spec" thread, if you want to talk about it, go make one. Otherwise shut it, and get back on topic.

Cornface

Reaction score
Hey

Hey guys.

Stfu.

More than half this thread has been your useless arguing, there have almost no builds apart from the ones in the first post.

This thread isnt a death knight "L2Spec" thread, if you want to talk about it, go make one. Otherwise shut it, and get back on topic.

What bothers me is that he posts some random speccs he made up in 5 minutes, giving no pros and cons or whatever, no arguing why speccing his specc, just claiming that he did X damage in Y fight with one out of five specs.

Sure, I could also post a couple random-made up speccs of mine I do in 45 sec, but what is the point if I can't argue why you should specc that specc and have no information to back it up with?

And the only thing he can come up with to defend his claims, is his rep bar.
Seriously.

Oninuva

Reaction score
What bothers me is that he posts some random speccs he made up in 5 minutes, giving no pros and cons or whatever, no arguing why speccing his specc, just claiming that he did X damage in Y fight with one out of five specs.

Sure, I could also post a couple random-made up speccs of mine I do in 45 sec, but what is the point if I can't argue why you should specc that specc and have no information to back it up with?

And the only thing he can come up with to defend his claims, is his rep bar.
Seriously.

You requested screenshot.. I gave you screenshot..

Cornface

Reaction score
You requested screenshot.. I gave you screenshot..

One screenshot, one single screenshot to support 4 entire builds? Yes, I can only ask you about the DK build since that is the only thing I am into right now. But hey, posting 1 screenshot of your dps on a target dummy is of course great. But yet you completely ignore my other questions and can't defend why you picked certain points.

Oninuva

Reaction score
One screenshot, one single screenshot to support 4 entire builds? Yes, I can only ask you about the DK build since that is the only thing I am into right now. But hey, posting 1 screenshot of your dps on a target dummy is of course great. But yet you completely ignore my other questions and can't defend why you picked certain points.

No.. you said disease less blood was dead but I posted a SS to prove it not..

The other builds don't need proof because it's common standard builds.

Anyways, anyone have a good DK arena build?

Cornface

Reaction score
No.. you said disease less blood was dead but I posted a SS to prove it not..

The other builds don't need proof because it's common standard builds.

Anyways, anyone have a good DK arena build?

Maybe it is not dead, maybe. But in my opinion, and according to big theorycrafting sites such as elitistjerks, diseasebuilds provide much more dps in 3.1 now since you loose so much damage now without diseases applied.

Proof? Why are you posting the common builds if they are so common then?

Also, the top arena builds for DKs are Frost alternatively Unholy at the moment.
Something like this
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVzVZGMxzA0cofuiostc
For frost (A lot of points can be thrown around, depending on your role in the arena)

And something like this
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jZGMxzhMZfMGI0bdrcq0csut
For unholy (Same thing here, a lot of points can be thrown around, if you want AMZ or not for example)

Feel free to ask any questions, or check out arenajunkies yourself if you think I am a nuthead.

Oninuva

Reaction score
I browse arena junkies a bit and their threads don't seem to be took active, but the frost is pretty generic, similar to last season's builds but I guess it still works.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Hmm, yeah looks better now, when I looked at it last week it wasn't. Maybe was somethin wrong with my browser.

Anyways, what do you think of my frost tank build?

Cornface

Reaction score
Hmm, yeah looks better now, when I looked at it last week it wasn't. Maybe was somethin wrong with my browser.

Anyways, what do you think of my frost tank build?

It looks nice, although there are some points that is discussable. Such as Morbidity, I guess the only reason you take it is because of the reduced cooldown on Death & Decay, and at least when I am frost tanking, I don't even have to use it, Howling Blast does the job. :rolleyes:
Also, why picking endless winter, I find myself almost never using Chains of Ice And I get tons of RP, so 20 to spare for a mind freeze once and a while is okey.

But I'll say almost any tank build with Blade Barrier, Toughness and Anticipation works. The rest of the points ain't that important. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.