[Contest] Official Spell Contest #1

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
Pyro my idea was just like yours at first, but I thought kind of too close to the ones on AoM and AotZ?

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
I've never played Age of Myths, but I would assume that Vile has taken Rising_Dusk's idea for levitating units and tossing them around. However, my spell would be channeling, automatically fired, and for dead units/corpses, unlike Arrô Kree's spell in AotZ.

Reaction score
How to explain this.. well at least I try to.

So is it counted as channel spell, if it does something after the channeling has been finished? Like Ezalor's wave spell from dota?

@Gals
Not much to see in your map :p, yet..

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>Not much to see in your map :p, yet..
Ofcourse.
Sorry ya, uber. This was the first version which i just started 2 hours ago.
It took me plenty of time making the tooltip...though..
Due to the exam in school, i had to stop mapping and focus on studying.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Damn you bug exploiters!..

I wonder what causing that....I do realise I forgot to set the Torch's collision to 0...is that the cause of the bug?

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
hey that little dude loos like me

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>hey that little dude loos like me
It is you :p

Reaction score
Obviously.

But hey:
How to explain this.. well at least I try to.

So is it counted as channel spell, if it does something after the channeling has been finished? Like Ezalor's wave spell from dota?

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>So is it counted as channel spell, if it does something after the channeling has been finished? Like Ezalor's wave spell from dota?
Ya didn't read the tooltip..? Well, you will know once it is finished.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
My idea so far is this:

When casting that spell you will create chaos of flames around you. Flames will rise from the shaking earth and fire with shoots in waves. (Etc with the epic description).

In other words, you'll create bunch of fire objects to damage the people around you, you'll create flames with immolation, random fire breathes and stomps around ya. It looks quite nice (visually), but, I'm not happy with the idea, it is not original enough, and too straight forward. I'm done with the triggering, and almost done with messing in the object editor, however I might create a new spell if I get a better idea.

Screenshots will come once I finish the spell.

Reaction score
>Ya didn't read the tooltip..? Well, you will know once it is finished.
Question was for emjlr3 :)

@Rheias
That sounds very neat, but only thing I'm reaaally worried about is that you use the word original. I've thought that it means same as normal, if it does, you are saying that your spell isn't normal enough.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>Question was for emjlr3
Lol, got the wrong idea :p

>>chaos of flames around you
Wisp wheel type..huh?

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
re-read the first post

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
Well it seems like im gonna have to join in to, as a previous secondplacer :p
This contest seems to be a little more strict on the coding though, that cuts down my chances >.<', especially considering im a GUI'er

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
So far, my Channeling Spell will do the following:
1: While Caster is channeling, he will raise 6 Graves around himself.
2: When a Unit comes within 275 of the Caster, It will be entangled once for 2.75 Seconds. (No Damage)
3: Every few Micro-Seconds, the Graves Emit Lightning, which damage 1 Random Nearby (AOE of 200 Per Grave) Unit per Grave.

:p maybe it's a bit too boring... Or?
Btw, My Map will include a Custom Skin I made... I am allowed to use Self-Made Skin, or?

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
> Überplayer

Original is unique, not the opposite of normal, but quite different from it. Normal thing is a regular thing. For example a brown chair is normal, but a chair that changes colors is original (in some way). Original is close to the words creative, different, unique etc.

So no, original is not normal, it's close to be the opposite of it. :p

Reaction score
Thanks for explaination Rheias, and that's why I feel quite stupid :p..

@emjlr3
I didn't see that so important part at the time, as I had other idea for a channeling ability. Now I knoez :)

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
Hatebreeder said:
So far, my Channeling Spell will do the following:
1: While Caster is channeling, he will raise 6 Graves around himself.
2: When a Unit comes within 275 of the Caster, It will be entangled once for 2.75 Seconds. (No Damage)
3: Every few Micro-Seconds, the Graves Emit Lightning, which damage 1 Random Nearby (AOE of 200 Per Grave) Unit per Grave.
That sounds damn cool. If the name hadn't been used in a spell contest at Wc3c, I would have suggested that you call it "Gravestorm". Maybe, uhhh, something like "Forsaken Cemetary"... blah, I don't know.

Props to you if you make it work well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.