Votes: 56 57.1%
  • A little bit

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Not at all

Votes: 16 16.3%

• Total voters

CaptDeath

Reaction score
even if there is other life will we ever find them or will they live to meet us?
but i think no there isnt cause earth is so "perfect" and "unique" that i dont think there will be any thing else out there cause space is infinitely expanding

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't think we will ever meet (as humans) an alien race. The speed of light and theory of relatively kind of disprove the possibility.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
If science has taught me anything. is that very few things have been proven that haven't been proven wrong latter. In other words i hardly believe that anything that's found now, in since to be solid fact. Without the test of time, and the fact its pretty dang hard to be 100% positive about much of anything with so many factors, and factors we may not be aware of. When the scientist tell me how big the universe is or isn't i don't believe its a "Fact".

Anyway I believe there is at least something alive out there. But by not really knowing the size and conditions of the universe 100%, its really just a wild guess. but with the idea that the universe is big and the way they claim they know its set up, i would say 99.999% chance something is alive or greater.

Bronxernijn

Reaction score
People realize I was saying hundreds to break it to the close minded people kinda nicely, right? :rolleyes: Literalists.

Close minded? I think it's close-minded to think of chances as an absolute. "Chances are pretty big, so I believe they exist!"?
Those chances are smaller than you think, of all planets sighted there were only a few (if not less) which were capable of supporting life, but were very unlikely to do so, because they were ice and icecold. (Of course I am talking about life as we know and defined it)

You're talking hundreds of possibilities. I cannot believe people simply write those numbers off because they haven't seen any life.

Welcome to science :D

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
dont worry when the universe collapses we well all get the met each other.

or

we will never get to met each other as the universe just expands infinitely and we will die from freezing to death.

one way or another ;)

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
If you think about it, will they contact us, or will we contact them? Sure, it's dead easy to make contact with alien civilizations if you play Spore, but how do we know what will really happen?

What if we end up being like those aliens in War of the Worlds, or in other Sci-fis? What if humans decide to invade another alien empire? Then who are we? Taking a general look at human nature, I think that is exactly what will happen.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Close minded? I think it's close-minded to think of chances as an absolute. "Chances are pretty big, so I believe they exist!"?
Those chances are smaller than you think, of all planets sighted there were only a few (if not less) which were capable of supporting life, but were very unlikely to do so, because they were ice and icecold. (Of course I am talking about life as we know and defined it)

That is quite possibly the stupidest, most short-sighted thing I've ever read on this forum in over 3 years.

So you're saying because of a FEW planets WE'VE SIGHTED from BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS of ... Well, almost any measure of distance will do here, there cannot possibly be life anywhere else?

... You're one of those crazies who aren't convinced the sun doesn't revolve around us, aren't ya?

Zakyath

Reaction score
That is quite possibly the stupidest, most short-sighted thing I've ever read on this forum in over 3 years.

So you're saying because of a FEW planets WE'VE SIGHTED from BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS of ... Well, almost any measure of distance will do here, there cannot possibly be life anywhere else?

... You're one of those crazies who aren't convinced the sun doesn't revolve around us, aren't ya?

"ouch" :)

Bronxernijn

Reaction score

Well then what's so stupid about not believing in life on other planets?

EDIT: You misread my post. Read it again and prove you are not as savage as I think you are, and I will show you that I am not such a crazy as you think I am.

You get used to it :)

DBZ-123

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I think it would be pretty cool to meet an alien ( If it dosen't try to kill me ) = ( Thinking of War Of The Worlds )

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I am every bit as savage as you think I am, and then some.

I reread your post and stand by every word.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
I do think there are highly advanced beings watching us but I don't think those are aliens. With my prediction of human evolution we would fit the characters drawn in the mind of the thousands of 'ufo sighters' almost to a T. It seems farfetched but maybe possible that we invent some sort of way to travel between dimensions, between time. Okay I don't really believe that but it is an interesting hypothesis right? :)

If you use straight forward logical thinking it is impossible for us to be the only living creatures. It defys all that we know about the universe and the math we use to describe it. It is extremely unlikely that we will ever find living species though. I guess, with interdimensional, big headed, blue homo sapiens running around who knows what is possible.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
Close minded? I think it's close-minded to think of chances as an absolute.

You have a 0.00001% chance of winning a lottery. You play 1 billion times. About how many times do you win?

Logic says 1000. Ignorance says 1.

Bronxernijn

Reaction score
I am every bit as savage as you think I am, and then some.

I reread your post and stand by every word.

I'm talking about chances, not about possibilities. No doubt chances are huge, but a chance of 99,9% does not make it true and a chance of 0.000000001 does not make it impossible.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
There are Aliens, but not like those you know from Comics.
On Mars, these are Bacterias, and other Micro-Lifeforms... Which are considered as "Aliens".

Bronxernijn

Reaction score
i would agree some people don't even know the true meaning of alien

In the first post you suggested you are talking about intelligent life outside of earth. What do you mean exactly? Any alien life, or intelligent alien life?

Reaction score
You have a 0.00001% chance of winning a lottery. You play 1 billion times. About how many times do you win?

Logic says 1000. Ignorance says 1.

Is that meant to be 100, or did I add an extra zero? Anyway, buying a billion lottery tickets is a pretty ignorant thing to begin with. :p

They exist, or they do not exist.

That is the only true thing you can say about the existance of aliens.

For what I believe, I do not believe they exist.

This is so very silly. You might as well say the same about the sun:

"The sun will either rise tomorrow, or it won't."

Because there is no absolute certainty that the sun will rise tomorrow, or even that the sun exists at all. This is a fundamental property of a posteriori knowledge.

Bronxernijn

Reaction score
This is so very silly. You might as well say the same about the sun:

"The sun will either rise tomorrow, or it won't."

Because there is no absolute certainty that the sun will rise tomorrow, or even that the sun exists at all. This is a fundamental property of a posteriori knowledge.

Yep, but I was just pointing out how much a matter of belief it is.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.