Help me with Spell +rep

Volkof

Reaction score
i believe you can set berserk to hav 0% move speed.

If that doesnt work, add another action into your trigger
Code:
Unit - Pause Triggering Unit

havefaith

Reaction score
Defend Into an Ability? +repp!!

Alright, iv been having a hard time with this trigger i am making where i start the effect of an ability and when i do it sets my movment speed to 0. the problem is the ability is based off of defend, and for some reason Defend is not treated as an ability, it works with every other spell but defend.. of course! can any one help me???? +REPP!

havefaith

Reaction score
the problem now is that yes if i change the ability to something like beserk it will work... but i want to be able to take the ability of at any time so i can return my movement speed back to normal... and only Defend allows me to turn off and on with out any conditions.

havefaith

Reaction score
Defend isnt an ability?

Alright, iv been having a hard time with this trigger i am making where i start the effect of an ability and when i do it sets my movment speed to 0. the problem is the ability is based off of defend, and for some reason Defend is not treated as an ability, it works with every other spell but defend.. of course! can any one help me???? +REPP!

havefaith

Reaction score
lol... that isnt the problem... i can find the ability just find but my trigger is this....

Trigger:
  • Take Cover Remake
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Take Cover!
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Taking Cover! to (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Cover for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 140.00 towards 110.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Set (Casting unit) movement speed to 1.00

and it doesnt work with Defend because its not treated as an ability... i wanna know if any one can work around this?

PS. I know the trigger works cause it works with other spells just not the spell i need it to work with..

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Use the Event:
Code:
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
And if the unit is casting Take Cover!, why are you adding Take Cover! to the unit that already has it :confused: ?

havefaith

Reaction score
im adding Taking Cover! Completly different spell.... all i want is the ability Defend to be treated like an ability so my trigger works... but its not... when i activate the ability i want my movment speed to be set to 0... when i cancel the ability it goes back to normal!!!!!

get it?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Issued order) Equal to (Order(defend))
            Then - Actions
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Issued order) Equal to (Order(undefend))
            Then - Actions
            Else - Actions

Use orders to detect casting. 'defend' is the order to activate, while 'undefend' is the order to cancel off. The actions are up to you.

Edit:
Anyway, Defend itself allows you to adjust the unit's movement speed. You no need trigger to set it's movement speed.

havefaith

Reaction score
wow your amazing Vypur.... the problem is, Undefend isnt a seperate ability... how would i make a trigger to issue the order to undefend?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
When you deactivate Defend, the order is undefend.
Enter your actions into vypur's trigger;
I'm 99.5% sure it will work.

PS: Bedtime for me though :rolleyes: .

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
    Conditions
        [B]Unit-Type of (Triggering unit) Equal to YourUnitType[/B]
        [B]Level of YourDefend for (Triggering unit) Greater than 0[/B] <-- [I]Either one condition would work[/I]
    Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                [B]Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to 0.00[/B]
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                [B]Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to Default movement speed of (Triggering unit)[/B]
            Else - Actions

What Wolfie said is correct. I'll just add example just to make sure you don't confuse. So basically the trigger is used for both turning the ability on and off. It's also good to add the additional condition just to make sure it doesn't mess up with other Defend ability.

But:
Me said:
Anyway, Defend itself allows you to adjust the unit's movement speed. You no need trigger to set it's movement speed.

Edit:
> hrmmm noope.. undefend is not there =\!!! damit this is so frusturating.

You don't understand. The trigger IS for Defend. Just set up the trigger and then order your unit to cast/off the spell. Then you can see the difference.

Edit2:
Watta... Ace...

havefaith

Reaction score
this is the trigger so far....

Trigger:
  • Take Cover
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Steven Booth
      • (Level of Take Cover! for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order((Name of Take Cover! )))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Taking Cover! to (Casting unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Cover for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by 256.00 towards 0.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees

its not working though -.-'

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Code:
    * Take Cover
          o Events
                + Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
          o Conditions
                + (Level of Take Cover! for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 0
          o Actions
                + If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                      # If - Conditions
                            * (Issued order) Equal to (Order(([B]defend[/B])))
                      # Then - Actions
                            * Unit - Add Taking Cover! to ([B]Triggering[/B] unit)
                      # Else - Actions
                            * Unit - Create 1 Cover for (Owner of ([B]Triggering[/B] unit)) at ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by 256.00 towards 0.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees

Now try. =.= Follow my trigger... Don't change to something else... Triggering unit... defend and undefend...

Edit:
Also, if you happen to feel weird when you press the 'Stop' button, don't be. You really need to follow the trigger I've provided in Post#76.

havefaith

Reaction score
WOW it worked....! you are truely a genius.... you have no clue how many people iv asked and they all couldnt figure it out =} give your self a pat on the back... but now that iv got it set up to create the unit and give me the spell how would i get it to remove the unit and spell when i cancel the ability?

Trigger:
  • Take Cover
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Take Cover! for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order((Name of Defend)))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Taking Cover! to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Create 1 Cover for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 140.00 towards 110.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> give your self a pat on the back

I'm scratching my head profusely now! You're still doing the trigger differently. :p

Now, follow the below trigger. Don't change any single damn thing. Even the 'defend'.

Code:
    Events
    Conditions
        (Level of Take Cover! for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 0
    Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Add Taking Cover! to (Triggering unit)
                Unit - Create 1 Cover for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 140.00 towards 110.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
                Set UnitVariable = (Last created unit)
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Remove [B]UnitVariable[/B] from the game
            Else - Actions

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.