Map of the Week Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
There have been 3 or 4 people promoting their own map, I myself do not promote my own project. It wouldn't really matter anyhow who promotes what; you might find your own map original and well made, but how does everyone else look at it? That's why I think that "The Platformer" is the right candidate, the only other 2D-map I've played for WC3 is 2-P's Bouncing Bug, and that's not anything like this one.

punwisp

Reaction score
I'm not nominating my own map just because I think its effing awesome, I'm nominating my own project because of some of its originality and the good lore that makes sense =P

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
Sharshooter Online, it came up in the Forums again and it's great! I vite for that. Such a well made map, original and creative AND fun!

punwisp

Reaction score
I have a DL for a beta of my map. But its not awesome, because its not complete, just a beta/preview of the new faction. Its in my thread

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
There have been 3 or 4 people promoting their own map, I myself do not promote my own project. It wouldn't really matter anyhow who promotes what; you might find your own map original and well made, but how does everyone else look at it? That's why I think that "The Platformer" is the right candidate, the only other 2D-map I've played for WC3 is 2-P's Bouncing Bug, and that's not anything like this one.

You act like only a 2D map can win, "Map of the Week."

Besides, isn't that like taking a step backwards? This is a 3D game with a 3D engine and you're only using 2 of the D's! Make a 3D platformer and I might vote for it.

Reaction score
> This is a 3D game with a 3D engine and you're only using 2 of the D's!
That makes it some what original.

> Make a 3D platformer and I might vote for it.
This again, would kill the dimension-usage-originality ;).

> You act like only a 2D map can win, "Map of the Week."
He never said anything like that.

Even though it's possible to create 3D games, there are still many 2D games being made. So it's not like 3D > 2D.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
I can't seem to figure out where I "acted as if only a 2D-map could win". The whole thing were about finding original and fun maps, which The Platformer fills up perfectly. What I meant was that of all the recent projects, The Platformer is very original due to it's kind.

Another way to look at it is how difficult it is to make the map original. Take The Platformer for example, there aren't a lot of maps alike it, making it original by default. Try making an AoS without someone comparing you to DotA, this is more difficult than making a 2D-jumper.

> Besides, isn't that like taking a step backwards? This is a 3D game with a 3D engine and you're only using 2 of the D's! Make a 3D platformer and I might vote for it.

We all know the old games like Space Invaders or Super Mario rule the world (of gaming) ^^.

punwisp

Reaction score
What is the name of your map?

Couple said my map was epic when they tested it, but I dont see it, seeing how it only shows the early stages of the new faction.

Its called Project Blackice, the thread is on this section, front page.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Platformer definately deserved to win :thup:

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
The Orpg that is nominated now is very original aswell!

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Same as before, Twilight Path ORPG.
Link

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
you really think a 2d platform game is original? where have you been for the last 20 years?

punwisp

Reaction score
It awesome no vote took place, There should be a vote and see which maps get the most votes, then another poll to pick between those maps that had highest votes be the map of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.