Spire's Question Thread!(Generous with rep ^^)

S

spiremk

Ok.. since no one wants to (or rather, is able to) do the Retribution spell, it's now being scrapped.

I'm currently working on a new skill... It is supposed to be a Mass Net that damages enemies every second for a duration of 10 seconds. It should be a targetted AoE spell of range 300 and NOT non-targetable.

Which spell should I base it on? I have tried Monsoon... but it gives me weird effects....Because I cant keep the net on the targets for long.

Can anyone help? +rep ^^

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
You could just have a bunch of dummies cast aerial shackles on all units affected by the AOE, like a unit casts a spell, select all units matching whatever in a 500 radius of (point where the spell was cast to), for every unit in the group create 1 dummy and order that dummy to cast aerial shackles on the picked unit. Simple enough... Er, if that didn't make sense to you just say so and I can.. Make it more coherant lol

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
i think i know whats the problem....
u didnt turn off the Target Attack trigger so it keeps going on collecting more damage......
and u also need to set at the end of spell set DamageTakenVariable=0
did u try doing that?

S

spiremk

Ok... Doom-angel: I must admit that I was pretty peeved and that I didnt actually test your idea. If I'm right, your turning off of Target Attack would have helped. I actually forgot to turn it off... darn...

However, this still DOES NOT solve the problem. Look at the following triggers:

Code:
Target Attack
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Attacking unit) Equal to RetributionTarget
    Actions
        Set DamageTarget = (Attacked unit)
        Trigger - Run Add Event <gen> (ignoring conditions)

Code:
Add Event
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Trigger - Add to Retribution Charge <gen> the event (Unit - DamageTarget Takes damage)
        Trigger - Turn on Retribution Charge <gen>

If you turn off the trigger once the unit is attacked, the effect will not last for 15 seconds. It will only work for the first attack and will deal damage based ONLY on the first attack.

The real problem here isn't the turning off of the trigger, but the fact that it keeps adding events for every unit it attacks. As I have discussed with AceHart, you cannot use normal triggers to delete events that have been added. Get what I'm going at? So the point is, I keep adding events to Retribution Charge and it will eventually have quite a number of events, like:

Code:
Retribution Charge
    Events
        Unit - DamageTarget takes damage
        (on and on....)
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set IndividualDamage = (Integer((Damage taken)))
        Set DamageInteger = (DamageInteger + IndividualDamage)
        Trigger - Turn on Retribution Damage <gen>

This causes, if I'm sure about it, an unexpected multiplier or rather, exponential. This is most probably the reason why I keep getting damages like 55, 800, 4000, 25000... It keeps getting higher and higher...

This is why I need some serious help... To do this entire thing in JASS... and I need someone proficient...

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
well first u can save a trigger and delete add event and do this actions on the Target Attack trigger now look thats what u should do:
Variables: Boolean - EventExist (no array unless its MUI)
Code:
Target Attack
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Attacking unit) Equal to RetributionTarget
    Actions
        Set DamageTarget = (Attacked unit)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
           If - Conditions
             EventExist Equal to false
           Then - Actions
             Trigger - Add to Retribution Charge <gen> the event (Unit - DamageTarget Takes damage)
             Set EventExist = True  
           Else - Actions
             Do nothing    

Trigger - Turn on Retribution Charge <gen>
that is part one now about the turning off triggers its not only that one if u want ur spell to be every time like the first time u must turn it off at the last trigger (Timer End)
and dont forget also to set simple variables like DamageInteger and IndividualDamage to 0 or it will always be increased

S

spiremk

Ok... anyway... I have decided to keep this skill to be edited later on... but not now...

I need some NEW help...

Ok... I have this skill that grants the Hero bonuses based on his life percentage... For example... If the Hero's life drops below 45%, it should start having increased attk speed and movement or something like that...

How should I start and which skill should I base the trigger upon?

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
well the way i understood it seem u want it permanent so just take dummy spell of type aura and make this triggers below:
Variables: AuraOwner - Type of Unit and EventExist Boolean type (i made arrays so it will be MUI)
Code:
Increased Speed Spell
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Speed Aura
    Actions
        Set AuraOwner[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Triggering unit)
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Speed Aura for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        EventExist[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Do nothing
                    Else - Actions
                        Trigger - Add to Life Precentage Lv 1 <gen> the event (Unit - AuraOwner[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Takes damage)
                        Trigger - Add to Life Precentage Lv 2 <gen> the event (Unit - AuraOwner[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Takes damage)
                        Trigger - Add to Life Precentage Lv 3 <gen> the event (Unit - AuraOwner[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Takes damage)
                        Set EventExist[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = True
                Trigger - Turn on Life Precentage Lv 1 <gen>
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Speed Aura for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
            Then - Actions
                Trigger - Turn off Life Precentage Lv 1 <gen>
                Trigger - Turn on Life Precentage Lv 2 <gen>
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Speed Aura for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3
            Then - Actions
                Trigger - Turn off Life Precentage Lv 2 <gen>
                Trigger - Turn on Life Precentage Lv 3 <gen>
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
now the lv of spells will be what will set how many triggers u shoudl have, in these case i made 3 of them have a look:
Code:
Life Precentage Lv 1
    Events
    Conditions
        (Percentage life of (Triggering unit)) Less than or equal to 45.00
    Actions
        Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s animation speed to 150.00% of its original speed
        Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to ((Current movement speed of (Triggering unit)) x 1.50)
Code:
Life Precentage Lv 2
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s animation speed to 200.00% of its original speed
        Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to ((Current movement speed of (Triggering unit)) x 2.00)
Code:
Life Precentage Lv 3
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s animation speed to 250.00% of its original speed
        Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to ((Current movement speed of (Triggering unit)) x 2.50)
i hope thats what u are looking for :p

S

spiremk

Unbelievable... Doom.. ur trigger method for Retribution sort of fixed it....

Now the damage doesn't increase like it did last time, and it stays around 2000+, which is what I wanted... Sorry for doubting you in the first place...

+rep for ur wonderful work...

I'll try your next trigger suggestion next...

EDIT: GAH.. sorry.. cant give reputation to the same user within such a short amount of time... I'll try later =P ^^

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Ok, so here's my desperate plea...

I need some one proficient enough in JASS to formulate the above Retribution spell... Here's the spell scenario:

"Caster casts Retribution on Enemy A. After 15 seconds, all the damage DONE to other units BY Enemy A will be inflicted back to him in 3/6/9 multiplier."

After much jostling with normal WE triggers we all doubt this can be done without the help of JASS...

So anyone willing to help...?
The problem isnt the lag...

It's the calculation of the actual damage dealt at the end of the spell duration of 15 seconds...

Doens't anyone know? I need the trigger in JASS as it's the fastest and most efficient way... +rep for anyone that does a workable version...
Ok.. since no one wants to (or rather, is able to) do the Retribution spell, it's now being scrapped.

I'm currently working on a new skill... It is supposed to be a Mass Net that damages enemies every second for a duration of 10 seconds. It should be a targetted AoE spell of range 300 and NOT non-targetable.

Which spell should I base it on? I have tried Monsoon... but it gives me weird effects....Because I cant keep the net on the targets for long.

Can anyone help? +rep ^^
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I submit the jass script for Retribution two days before those quotes? It's post #48. :p

S

spiremk

Ok... I have solved the Life Percentage problem and Retri with the help of Doom Angel...

I now have a new skill...

Animation: A BM should have the bladestorm animation, but he will move with a great amount of speed to 800/900/1000/1100 distance in front him... The movement is fixed and cannot be directed. Any units caught in that radius with receive damage... like usual...

Any leads on this skill? Which skill should I base it upon?

Corleone

Reaction score
As for the fixed direction, you could change the ownership, retaining color, and order unit to move to a point.

S

spiremk

ok... New problem... The rest have already been solved....

I have created a Thunderclap spell for my Blademaster. However, I want the BM to do his critical strike animation when he does the ability...

How do I trigger that animation? Should be simple enough....

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
thats easy one just do this:
Code:
Critical Strike
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Thunder Clap
    Actions
        Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s slam animation
:p

Reaction score
ok... New problem... The rest have already been solved....

I have created a Thunderclap spell for my Blademaster. However, I want the BM to do his critical strike animation when he does the ability...

How do I trigger that animation? Should be simple enough....

You probably won't need to trigger it. Simply putting "attack,slam" in the "Art - Animation Names" section of your thunderclap ability should be enough.

S

spiremk

Ok... here's a new problem....

I want a skill to be channelled and cause random flame strikes around the casting unit with a range of 700.

How do I do this?

PS: I would like the triggers to be presented in GUI. This is due to the fact that I'm totally unfamiliar with JASS and there might be further problems if I wish to edit the trigger...

S

spiremk

Ok.. this is a LEAK question I'm posting...

I have some situations in which I do not know where to place my Leak Fixes...

1. I would like to know, what does <set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true> do? Where is this fix supposed to be placed? I looked at the tutorials in the repository and someone placed it at the top of the active trigger.

2. I have a leak situation for the following...

Code:
Totem Initialization
    Events
        Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    Conditions
        ((Summoning unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
        (Unit-type of (Summoning unit)) Equal to Valkyrie (Player Hero)
    Actions
        Set Totem = (Summoned unit)
        Trigger - Turn on Totem Lure <gen>

Code:
Totem Lure
    Events
        Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        [COLOR="Red"]Custom script:   set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true[/COLOR]
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 800.00 of (Position of Totem)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If ((Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)) then do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to TotemLureGroup) else do (Do nothing)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in TotemLureGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If ((Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)) then do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack Totem) else do (Do nothing)
                Set TotemDuration = (TotemDuration + 2)
            If - Conditions
                TotemDuration Equal to 45
            Then - Actions
                [COLOR="red"]Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_TotemLureGroup)[/COLOR]
                Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                Set TotemDuration = 0
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing

Are there any leaks in the above trigger? I would also like to know whether the fixes are placed in the correct position to fix the leak and NOT affect gameplay. My map has alot of these of triggers(dmg/s and periodic events), so I will appreciate any help given... of course... +rep ^^

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Code:
TotemDuration Equal to 45

Use "Greater than", otherwise it will probably jump over 45.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.