Cinematic Undeniable Power

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
It's not that bad. Just that some minor errors pop out and make it look... um... not as good? lol.

Are the parts combined? :D

Zanar

Reaction score
No not combined just added in a campaign so nobody wouldn't have to download every part seperately.

EDIT: Though it looks much better in campaing then combined.
EDIT: (Again) And you could expect Part 3 tomorow or the day after that.

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
The campaign was alright. Needs stronger words (cool - awesome ) or something near, use online dictionary or M. Word. A few of the times the captain was speaking he "Said" some quite obvious things.

Terraining:
9.3 (Could be improved in second campaign)
The terraining on the first campaign was pretty well done, I enjoyed it. The second campaign was alright, it could use a bit more detail. I guess it was ok though.

Storyline: 7.6
However the storyline I didn't like to much, I don't know where it came from. Just footman in a forest for some weird reason. (If something was said why they were there, please tell :), I didn't see anything). Although it was a pretty basic storyline it was pretty decent, but get your grammar, and word choice to a higher level.

Camera Movement: 8.1
I didn't like how the starting was going over trees for like 10 minutes :)P). Also, I didn't like how the trees got in the way of the camera.

All Around: 8.3
It was good in all. Pretty fun, I thought the 2nd campaign was quite boring though, no action except for the gates scaring me when they opened. You must balance the action. :thup:

Zanar

Reaction score
The campaign was alright. Needs stronger words (cool - awesome ) or something near, use online dictionary or M. Word. A few of the times the captain was speaking he "Said" some quite obvious things.

Terraining:
9.3 (Could be improved in second campaign)
The terraining on the first campaign was pretty well done, I enjoyed it. The second campaign was alright, it could use a bit more detail. I guess it was ok though.

Storyline: 7.6
However the storyline I didn't like to much, I don't know where it came from. Just footman in a forest for some weird reason. (If something was said why they were there, please tell :), I didn't see anything). Although it was a pretty basic storyline it was pretty decent, but get your grammar, and word choice to a higher level.

Camera Movement: 8.1
I didn't like how the starting was going over trees for like 10 minutes :)P). Also, I didn't like how the trees got in the way of the camera.

All Around: 8.3
It was good in all. Pretty fun, I thought the 2nd campaign was quite boring though, no action except for the gates scaring me when they opened. You must balance the action. :thup:

I'll try to improve my terrains and grammar as for the trees blocking the view well I'll also try to fix it. Your not the only one who has been scared by the gates opening I decreased the sound volume and the lack of action was because the only threat there were spiders.
The reason for coming there wasn't quite well said.
I'll update all this when I make Part 3 and that will be today or tomorow.

EDIT: Thank you for feedback.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
He says that they are here to chop the wood in the beginning.

Glad that its a campaign now. ;)

Zanar

Reaction score
Well I have added Part 3 and fixed the older maps (grammar, added reason for being hit 1000 times and not die etc.)
It is pretty suggestable to watch from the begening.

EDIT: I'll be trying to make Part 4 epic so it will take a longer amount of time to make it.;)

Zanar

Reaction score
Well I have added Part 3 and fixed the older maps (grammar, added reason for being hit 1000 times and not die etc.)
It is pretty suggestable to watch from the begening.

EDIT: I'll be trying to make Part 4 epic so it will take a longer amount of time to make it.;)
EDIT: (Again) Please leave comments.
EDIT: Sorry for double post I acidently quoted instead of edited.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Sorry, I've been on vacation. Anyway, now that I'm back, I'll have a look. :)

EDIT: Well, I like that it's a campaign now. ;) The first one was the best.

Part two had a bug, one time when I watched it, the unit got stuck and the cinematic just stopped. I had to restart it for it to work.

Part three seems a bit too... unrealistic, and I don't mean like real life-health and stuff. For example, the fire trap, it suddenly stops for a long time when they pass. Make them go like 1 at a time or 2 at a time, and some of them die.

Also, you should either fix the cameras or make the terrain around fixed so you don't see blank spaces that you aren't using.

Besides that, good job!

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
A few comments and criticisms:

Fix your grammar. It's horrendous.
The captain doesn't seem to be too smart; how did he get to be a captain if he acts stupidly?
When the Warden appears, the soldiers don't even try to attack her. I mean, when something just appears like that, you don't automatically befriend it and follow it everywhere. They should act less friendly and more hostile.
The captain is rude.
If you're going to make it a campaign, you might as well just string all the maps together.
When they become invulnerable, you should add some sort of special effect to them.
The Night Elves are often directly in front of the soldiers, and they can be seen pretty well. I think you should make them less obviously right there.

The storyline was good.
It would have kept my interest if it were not for the grammar.
Making them a campaign was a good idea.

Zanar

Reaction score
A few comments and criticisms:

Fix your grammar. It's horrendous.
The captain doesn't seem to be too smart; how did he get to be a captain if he acts stupidly?
When the Warden appears, the soldiers don't even try to attack her. I mean, when something just appears like that, you don't automatically befriend it and follow it everywhere. They should act less friendly and more hostile.
The captain is rude.
If you're going to make it a campaign, you might as well just string all the maps together.
When they become invulnerable, you should add some sort of special effect to them.
The Night Elves are often directly in front of the soldiers, and they can be seen pretty well. I think you should make them less obviously right there.

The storyline was good.
It would have kept my interest if it were not for the grammar.
Making them a campaign was a good idea.

I thought I fixed grammar errors well it looks as if I'll have to rewrite it again (atleast the part where I find errors).
As for the second matter I'll add a bit more hostility (but also the warden has helped them against the spiders so I thought that they could act more friendly).
As for captains stupidity I wanted to make him look scared (I mean at least a little) a bit not stupid.
I'll make him "smart" in Part 4.
I don't know what exactly you mean by string the maps?
The effect would've made it look a bit stupid (my opinion) so instead I just added a ressurection effect.
I want the night elves to be seen by the viewer.I could add a bit more of transparency.

Anyways thanks for feedback.:thup:

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I don't know what exactly you mean by string?
When you press Continue, you should go to the next map.
I want the night elves to be seen by the viewer.I could add a bit more of transparency.
I mean, you should place them in places where they can't be seen as easily if they were non-stealthed.

Zanar

Reaction score
I bumped because of the lack of criticis/comments to part 3 (and I need those to know what must be done to make it better)
As for Part 4 it will be a long one I've done the terrain and 30% of the cinematic. It will be finished soon for about 3-4 days.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Alright, I watched part 3...

The cameras. Were... not good. When there was the trap fire I barely saw it, and the camera just panned around, not many different angles.

The clumping of units onto one area was annoying, but I understand it's pretty bothersome to move each one separately.
Could've used more soldiers dying, more diverse attacks.

Overall it was just random. They're going through some evil cave with undead, and fire monsters. Also, the music. You start out with some Lord of the Rings music but as they're running, which is when you should have some intense music playing (at the very least the default 'Tension' Music theme). And maybe have the soldiers do something other than run away from random monsters that are just randomly there and don't seem to have any relation to the story (whatever that may be). This part just seemed so off topic and random compared to the previous two parts, which were strange enough.

And last but not least, the characters. They're just so boring and bland. They dont seem to have any emotion whatsoever they just run around and get killed, and basically the point of the story so far is CHOPPING WOOD GONE WRONG!!!!

I thought maybe the story would unfold but so far it's a ton of soldiers go into some evil night elves' land to go chop some wood.

On the plus side, the special effects were nice, and the terrain was substantial, though nothing amazing.

Also as to making the captain look scared... I'm afraid knight is right, the captain just seems like an idiot. He's never surpised (random night elves popping up inside a cave, giant fire lord inside a cave) he doesn't say much at all.

Anyways, good luck making the 4th part 'epic'.

Zanar

Reaction score
Alright, I watched part 3...

The cameras. Were... not good. When there was the trap fire I barely saw it, and the camera just panned around, not many different angles.

The clumping of units onto one area was annoying, but I understand it's pretty bothersome to move each one separately.
Could've used more soldiers dying, more diverse attacks.

Overall it was just random. They're going through some evil cave with undead, and fire monsters. Also, the music. You start out with some Lord of the Rings music but as they're running, which is when you should have some intense music playing (at the very least the default 'Tension' Music theme). And maybe have the soldiers do something other than run away from random monsters that are just randomly there and don't seem to have any relation to the story (whatever that may be). This part just seemed so off topic and random compared to the previous two parts, which were strange enough.

And last but not least, the characters. They're just so boring and bland. They dont seem to have any emotion whatsoever they just run around and get killed, and basically the point of the story so far is CHOPPING WOOD GONE WRONG!!!!

I thought maybe the story would unfold but so far it's a ton of soldiers go into some evil night elves' land to go chop some wood.

On the plus side, the special effects were nice, and the terrain was substantial, though nothing amazing.

Also as to making the captain look scared... I'm afraid knight is right, the captain just seems like an idiot. He's never surpised (random night elves popping up inside a cave, giant fire lord inside a cave) he doesn't say much at all.

Anyways, good luck making the 4th part 'epic'.

Thank you for a comment.:thup::thup::thup:

I needed that, it will make my cinematic alot better.
And as for the story believe me it will unfold over time but in these parts there was a story but very little of it.I will try to make the characters more interesting and more "emotional" in these parts. I am fixing captains "stupidity" into "cleverness" (atleast part of it).

Thank you for wishing me luck in making part 4 "epic" :thup:. I will add something more that will make the storyline better (maybe a part before the first one).

EDIT: Lol. After reading this I see I have repeated the word "part" in many places.

Zanar

Reaction score
I have added Introduction.
Part 4 will be added soon.
You can find my link for the campaign on my first post.

Comments and crits would be great.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.