Who won WWII?

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Japan lost because, well, they never really had a chance. I dont know if they thought they would get some help, or if somehow the U.S. would just surrender. I don't know. By themselves, if Japan had beaten the U.S., how would they occupy it. The U.S. is big, Japan isn't. But that problem doesn't come into play. The United States pretty well owned Japan.

Japanese wouldn't surrender because its against their culture to surrender. They were going to fight to the last man, and the US wasn't afraid to total annihilate the country with there New Weapon. This is why it took 2 atomic bombs instead of one.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
But I believe that France *attempted* to be neutral in the first place. But then they got attacked, so what else were they going to do?
France never attempted or even really considered neutrality. In 1937 Britain (New_U.S.: that's Brit-A-I-n, not Brit-I-A-n :p) and France were aligning themselves against Italy and Germany.
On 30th September 1938, Britain and France agreed with Germany and Italy that there would be no war. "Peace in our time!" says British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain.
And then, on 1st September 1939, Germany invaded Poland (despite Hitler promising he wouldn't in 1938). Britain and France say they will fight for Poland's freedom.
...And then, 2 days later on 3rd September, 1939, Britain and France declare war on Germany. Ergo = France was clearly never neutral in the conflict.

Germany's biggest mistake was undoubtably thinking that the Blitzkrieg (another one for you there New_U.S. :D) strategy that worked so well nearly everywhere else he invaded would work in Russia. If he had payed any attention in History, Hitler would've known that this was where Napoleon Bonaparte failed so miserably. Napoleon was also using Blitzkrieg tactics; they marched into Russia, using the resources they captured to keep moving without relying on a lengthy supply line. Russia's "scorched earth" counter-strategy (whereby they burned the resources they left behind) worked perfectly and Napoleon was forced to retreat. The same was true when Germany invaded on 22nd June 1941. It was a long, slow, arduous process but it worked.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, IMHO, if you want to talk about who lost the war, I would have to say (other than the Central Powers obviously) England and France. America emerged as a world power, from nothing. As an example of their lack of power before the war - Germany attacked their ships!

If Hitler took the USA seriously, then he definitly wouldn't have attacked their ships. A very bad mistake, almost as bad as his mistake of attacking the neutral Belgium. This, of course, brought England into the war.

America's new dominance over trade ultimately lead to the dwindling of England and France's dominance over trade.

This also proved something extremely important to the Powers-That-Be in the American government: Wars are VERY good for the American economy. It could be argued that this is the reason for the seemingly-pointless Cold "War" that started just after WW2. Wars have been fought periodically in times of dwindling economic loss ever since.

K

King of Soul

OK here we know history well, we know Russia and Germany started out together along with the Japanese and that and THAT ALONE is the reason so much havoc broke lose and they got so far. along with Poland location and low defense at the time. the problem was that the Russians where betrayed at the right time for Hitler. it was not Germany that the war progressed so far, it was by fault of the Russians.

AND FOR THE RECORD. its not AMERICA, it annoys all the AMERICAN COUNTRY when people say AMERICA as if the U.S.A was the only country in it. I may be living in the U.S now, but having to deal with this ignorance everyday is pretty sad and aggravating to me -_-. seeing as where i'm from people don't call them self's AMERICAN even though they are a country in American... but ANYWAYS.

America had been wanting into the war for a long time, imo, that's why they kept sending ships near japan and Germany. they did not attack but the mere presence of theirs there was taunting them, the JAPANESE WARNED THEM countless times that they would attack if they did not move out, hell on the day of pearl harbor they warned that they would be attacking on that day if they did not move there units. idk what happened as to why the u.s stayed, it is my belief it was a plan to get in, but it could have been anything, fact remains that's what happened.

HAVING PLANNED TO GET INTO THE WAR, the u.s could have been preparing, and waiting to take things out when they where nice and weakened.

i would not call the U.S the winners, more like the crows that where attracted by the scent of dead body's to clean up and eat away. id say it was two countries.

ENGLAND, and RUSSIA. Russia got themselves out of there own mess, and the English helped.

but remember, the reason it can't be a single nation is due to the military not acting as a single country anymore but as one giant military.

but yet again, i say England and Russia, but honestly, germany won that battle really... it got the entire world to fight itself, everyone just saved themselfs from themselfs.. so how can you win that?

and random facts.

geaorge bush's grandfather was caught laundering over 10 mil in nazi money.
mostly all the gas the German and Russians used was owned by a U.S gas company, owned by the Rockefellers.
as stated above, war is great for the u.s economy, or more better described, the gas company's, the banks, and the government. normally, the citizens get the least out of war, actually a lot is taken from them. and why is that?

well think about it like this, number one, who owns your money? not the government, but the central bank. you are just having it loaned to you. now what currency is gas traded in? U.S dollars, the government has the same money we do, it is all so loaned to them though. now as the gas company's owned by our own company's make U.S.D *even though they own the banks too* they fund the u.s government with "free money" the U.S now has money they don't owe anything for, and the gas keeps pumping, so they keep getting this "free money". this circulates around the government, but as everyone knows, in a time of war number one priority is the war, so that money goes to it. but what does that do? makes the need for more gas and more food etc etc. and that's all in U.S.D and the more country's trade there money for ours, the more we profit. or the more the rich in the nation profit.

facts you have to accept.
your money IS NOT backed in gold. the gold standard was abolished long long ago. now your a user of a "legal tender". *look at your bills*
your money IS NOT YOURS, actually you owe money you don't have or ever will have all ready! *each dollar printed is lent out to the government with interest, and that is sent out to you.*
The federal income tax IS NOT NEEDED TO BE PAYED, actually its not only that, but all so against the constitution. it is first and foremost, a direct and un-apportioned tax. it goes to the central bank. and no where else, or more like it into the pocket of greedy bankers.

we are no longer fighting battles over water, land, religion, or race. now we are fighting over MONEY and POWER. and oil..... lol, but the sad part is, we aren't even fighting for our own money or power. but for a few guys on top of the ladder from birth.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Well, IMHO, if you want to talk about who lost the war, I would have to say (other than the Central Powers obviously) England and France. America emerged as a world power, from nothing. As an example of their lack of power before the war - Germany attacked their ships!
Emerged as a world power from nothing?
Interesting, seeing as how even in WWI they were the industrial supplier of like, everyone. Even to an extent the Germans (even if we did favor the allies).

If Hitler took the USA seriously, then he definitly wouldn't have attacked their ships.
Everyone started getting edgy the moment he invaded Poland, and the USA was already going to supply the allies, ships attacked or not. I'd also like to point out that Hitler had already basically failed by the time that America engaged him directly.
Their attacks on our ships had no effect of the outcome.

A very bad mistake, almost as bad as his mistake of attacking the neutral Belgium. This, of course, brought England into the war.
The invasion of Poland brought England into the war.

America's new dominance over trade ultimately lead to the dwindling of England and France's dominance over trade.
We already more or less had trade dominance.

@King of Soul:
OK here we know history well, we know Russia and Germany started out together along with the Japanese and that and THAT ALONE is the reason so much havoc broke lose and they got so far. along with Poland location and low defense at the time. the problem was that the Russians where betrayed at the right time for Hitler. it was not Germany that the war progressed so far, it was by fault of the Russians.
Russia and Germany started out on peace terms, but to put them in the boat with the Japanese too is silly; they weren't an axis power. Heck, the Soviets fought the Japanese when borders were disputed (eg Battle of Khalkin Gol in 1939 when Zhukov dominated a Japanese force of 60,000). Claiming that the Soviet Union started as an axis power is absurd. Peace treaty != alliance. Don't forget that Stalin's generals were flipping out about the possibility of a German invasion in early 1941. They weren't allied, lol.

but honestly, germany won that battle really... it got the entire world to fight itself, everyone just saved themselfs from themselfs.. so how can you win that?
The second part of that makes no sense. The first part, well...what? Sure, I agree, if the definition of 'winning' is 'feeling roughly the same as a soldier of the Wehrmacht on the Volga River did on November 22, 1942'.

mostly all the gas the German and Russians used was owned by a U.S gas company, owned by the Rockefellers.
Because it's not like the Soviets and Germans had an actual reason to sacrifice millions to win the Caucasus region, or anything like that.
Yea, I'm sure Russia couldn't find much use for the 110 million tonnes of oil it produced during the war.

So now we go into the evil banks/income tax/gold standard argument.
Even better though...
but the sad part is, we aren't even fighting for our own money or power. but for a few guys on top of the ladder from birth.
Find a functional system in which people cannot accumulate either belongings or power, and you can fix this 'problem' which has been a part of every human civilization ever.

Sorry if that was rather too rude, but your post is baffling to me.
Oh yea, one other thing:
America had been wanting into the war for a long time, imo, that's why they kept sending ships near japan and Germany. they did not attack but the mere presence of theirs there was taunting them, the JAPANESE WARNED THEM countless times that they would attack if they did not move out, hell on the day of pearl harbor they warned that they would be attacking on that day if they did not move there units. idk what happened as to why the u.s stayed, it is my belief it was a plan to get in, but it could have been anything, fact remains that's what happened.
Even ignoring the false statements, it's incredible for someones to blame a victim nation of a strategic first-strike.
And that thing at the end of about 'fact remains that's what happened', what? Whether or not Pearl Harbour was a surprise is still debated, and the vast majority of people don't support your version.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
The greatest winner would be America. Russia is a close second, as they certainly held off against the Germans extremely well.

America by far fared best out of it. Unlike Russia and Britain it had no major cities destroyed, and unlike France had remained a country the whole time. Germany was stripped entirely of its strength and is no longer a world power.

The war brought about the two greatest world powers; America and Russia. 'technically' we won the Cold War. However, America remains a global power (and like many popular things is the focus of a lot of hate). Russia, while certainly not obsolete, is not the power it once was.

So, I would say America is the winner (america ftw).

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A very bad mistake, almost as bad as his mistake of attacking the neutral Belgium. This, of course, brought England into the war.

That was WWI.

I

iParadox

I would say Russia because I don't want to be biased and say US, they put in alot of effort and did alot of damage, and greatly helped push them back.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
If Hitler took the USA seriously, then he definitly wouldn't have attacked their ships. A very bad mistake, almost as bad as his mistake of attacking the neutral Belgium. This, of course, brought England into the war.

That was World War 1

BornANoob[MR]

Reaction score
Here is what i think is great about England:, during WW2

-During WW2, we actually made our soldiers carry wooden weapons, that were absolutely useless just so spies would think we were heavily armed

-Hitlers advisors told him that England would be easily overtaken, and although Hitler admired England very much (being a super-power, yet being very small) he decided to send his first wave of troops over to crush us, yet we just managed to fend them off, and when this news reached Hitler, he realised his advisors must be mad as he thought, when in actual fact they were right, another wave of troops and we would have been over-taken.

-Plywood battleships, towed by real destroyers, to make it seem as though we had 500 ships, when in actual fact we had very few.

-Rubber inflatable tanks were also used, by the UK's Camo/Diversion Unit to show that we still had battallions of tanks in warehouses ready for the war.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Germany was stripped entirely of its strength and is no longer a world power.

Eh, for a European nation, they arn't doing so bad in strength now. Currently most European nations arn't that strong. EU and UN are their best friend today.

I think the way the U.S. used to fight wars was probably the best ever. The U.S. would stay neutral (only a supplier) for a piece of a war, until eventually we would pick a side and win. We did that in both WWI and WWII and it worked great! The U.S. has a long history to keep its own cities out of the fighting. In WWII the only U.S. land the Japanese actually took was in Alaska! This sort of working is almost amazing. This is sort of off topic, but if you look at the American Civil War, it wasn't till Shermans march that any major damage happened to cities.

Germany lost for a few reasons. Operation Barbarosa into Russia was stupid and greedy. Maybe the Nazis could have beat the Soviets, but the planning and carryout of that Front by the Germans was stupid. I cant understand why they did what they did strategicly.

Invading any later than 1942 would have resulted in a modernized and organized Soviet armed forces.
Of course, Hitler was also like the only person that Stalin ever trusted, so, while it goes against Nazi doctrine, arguably they could have just let the USSR be until they developed nukes.

I was thinking more on the lines of what importants was sieging Leningrad and Stalingrad. I don't think those cities were worth getting caught in a Russian winter for.

America and every other country would have possibly been claimed.

The Nazis had to occupy every country they took. Do you believe that Germany could occupy Russia or the U.S. knowing the size, population, and region types of those countries?

BornANoob[MR]

Reaction score
The thing about, 'world takeover' is that it never works, you will simply never have the man power, and there will always be resistance from people who do not wish to live under one rule.

smiley1337

Reaction score
Estonia won ! :D i think that Germany,Russia and Japan were the losers and others were winners ? ahh i dont really know ^_^

BornANoob[MR]

Reaction score
Of course Japan are the losers, they are restricted forever from using Nuclear Power, which means they have to import a shitload of oil, coal and gas. Overheads --> Bad

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I agree, either Japan or Germany lost the most from the war.

bessomi

Reaction score
The question is, what single country do you think deserves the most credit to the defeat of the Axis Powers?

Germany of course.

If not for their vital mistakes the axis forces would have won the war

But what do i know, i am just a little boy:D

Reaction score
There can never be just 1 country who can win a war. You must make Allies during war and it requires Allies to win a war.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
There can never be just 1 country who can win a war. You must make Allies during war and it requires Allies to win a war.

That would be true if Civil Wars did not exist ;)

Anyways, I don't know too much about WW2, but I would have to say that it would be the U.S., as they seemed to suffer the least and do quite a bunch to help the Allies win.

Reaction score
That would be true if Civil Wars did not exist ;)

Anyways, I don't know too much about WW2, but I would have to say that it would be the U.S., as they seemed to suffer the least and do quite a bunch to help the Allies win.
That was WW1 where we had least amount of casualties because we joined the war pretty late.

WW2 we still were way up there in the 400,000+. We were not the least as there were alot of more countres that suffered less casualties.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.