World of Warcraft, dying?

How Good/Bad do you think WoW is.

• Total voters
K

Kevin

All I am saying is I know what the GM told me, and I know they have had multiple patches attempting to fix the gross problem on the PVP zones. And quite frankly, I'll believe that GM over some guy on a messageboard anyday.

As far as world of warcraft dying...

I'm seriously losing all interest. It's clearly a pro-raider game, and the way Blizzard refuses to deactivate its accounts makes me suspect the actual number of active accounts.

It's still the top tier of MMORPGs, that's for sure. I'm not saying it isn't.

BC definitely did give WoW a massive boost, but Kunark also gave EQ a large boost.

With so many people reaching "end game" so quickly, and with so much content in WoW becomming obsolete so quickly. WoW really to me looks like we've seen its peak.

I see a ton of level 70 characters and it hasn't even been 1 month since BC came out. Now, that's just wrong.

I don't like taking forever to beat a game/reach max level, but even Final Fantasy 7 took longer for people to get max level, max materia and to defeat all of the Weapons.

If the developers can't figure something out other than Jeff Kaplan's "raid or die" and "raise the level cap by 10" for each expansion, then I don't see this game continuing at this level of success for another 3-4 years.

That's my position in general about much of that.

If Lord of the Rings: Shadows of Angmar had been developed with any amount of skill, then that game would have been the first wow competition in years. Unfortunately Turbine sucks in all ways, so WoW won't see a decline in subscription for a few more years. But even without competition, users are just going to wind up becoming bored.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
WoW Will never die..why you ask?
It is making blizzard the money they wanted there whole lives...I'm pretty sure they won't let it die...but eventually it will...like every other game that exist...something will come out and knock it away.

Ex. When WoW came out it kinda took over Warcraft 3 TFT why? Because it gives a whole new look on warcraft.

Soon something is bound to take it over...

But I also disagree WoW is pretty addicting.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
WoW was dying down a lil(VERY VERY VERY LIL)
!BANG!
TBC came out and WoW is twice as big
Just what I think

G

g1real

Kevin said:
All I am saying is I know what the GM told me, and I know they have had multiple patches attempting to fix the gross problem on the PVP zones. And quite frankly, I'll believe that GM over some guy on a messageboard anyday.
I said: Proof it... I want PROOF.

Kevin said:
As far as world of warcraft dying...

I'm seriously losing all interest. It's clearly a pro-raider game, and the way Blizzard refuses to deactivate its accounts makes me suspect the actual number of active accounts.

Buy a gaming magazine, they report every 2 months about blizzard holding a cleanup on accounts in their games.

Kevin said:
With so many people reaching "end game" so quickly, and with so much content in WoW becomming obsolete so quickly. WoW really to me looks like we've seen its peak.

What content becomes obsolete?

Kevin said:
I don't like taking forever to beat a game/reach max level, but even Final Fantasy 7 took longer for people to get max level, max materia and to defeat all of the Weapons.

If the developers can't figure something out other than Jeff Kaplan's "raid or die" and "raise the level cap by 10" for each expansion, then I don't see this game continuing at this level of success for another 3-4 years.

Tbh, if you would spent a month at FF7, you would get the same results... you know how much hours you use when getting to lvl 70? At least 400~600.

Also, raid or die is bs.. battlegrounds require a fair amount of tactics and leadership. Raiding is teamworking most of the time. In massive ammounts you wont see too much of that, but a good teamworking raid of 30 ppl can easily kill an unorganized one of 50.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
WoW was dying down a lil(VERY VERY VERY LIL)
!BANG!
TBC came out and WoW is twice as big
Just what I think

I agree, when BC came out half of the accounts that were off started up again.

Note: The message I quoted had very bad grammar errors, don't blame me...

K

Kevin

I said: Proof it... I want PROOF.

Get it yourself, I'm not your librarian. I told you what the GM said to me. I don't take screen shots of every petition I send into a GM, it's a waste of my time and completely idiotic to even require in a discussion.

Buy a gaming magazine, they report every 2 months about blizzard holding a cleanup on accounts in their games.

Wow, that must mean that all those names of players that are on my friends list and in my guild, names of people who've been perma banned or who haven't played on a single server in over a year shouldn't be there should they?

OH WAIT THEY ARE.

Blizzard doesn't do a cleanup on any of their accounts. Characters from accounts which have been banned since day one even are still in the system. Their accounts *are*still*there.

They are doing the same thing Verant did before the SEC climbed all over them for account management.

What content becomes obsolete?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You must be a raider. The only people I know who have no clue about the obsolete content in the game are raiders. Why? Because they never play anything but the raiding zones.

I'm not gonna give you a list, you can make it up on your own. The basic list itself would take me over an hour to type out.

Tbh, if you would spent a month at FF7, you would get the same results... you know how much hours you use when getting to lvl 70? At least 400~600.

uhh 400-600 hours to hit level 70?

from level 1 if you decide to goof off, maybe.

Let me put it to you another way, it took my friend 3 played days from 60 to hit 70 (and he goofs off). Takes an average person a week and a half played to get to 60.

That's 312 hours played time.

Edit: Frankly as far as FF7 is concerned, if you take into account all the times you die, while maxxing the game and beating the secrets, it takes you quite a bit longer than 300 hours. Especially when you talk about maxxing all the materia. That enemy skill materia is the most difficult to max as not only are several one time e.skills easy to pass up, but there are some enemy skills enemies only use 1% of the time.

Also, raid or die is bs.. battlegrounds require a fair amount of tactics and leadership. Raiding is teamworking most of the time. In massive ammounts you wont see too much of that, but a good teamworking raid of 30 ppl can easily kill an unorganized one of 50.

you really and totally responded to my comment with the wrong response. My comment has nothing to do with battlegrounds. I'm talking about the idea that raids are the only thing you should do past the level cap.

As for your idea of how raids work it's completely off. Raids at the end game consist of three actions from various players.

Paladins - heal, cleanse, buff
Rogue - vanish, backstab, obey DPS rules
Mage/Warlocks - obey dps rules (they get one thing)
priest - heal or obey dps and buff
Druids - heal buff (sometimes tank)
etc...

To put it another way, when I wanted the full postmaster set from Malown. I had various BWL equipped tanks who joined, and those who weren't BWL equipped.
All but two of these BWL equipped tanks totally blew it each and every time. They had no skill. They got owned hard.

The tanks who played with me who knew what 5 man groups are like (watching agro without a secondary tank to ease their mind), they wtf pwned.

I can't tell you how many raider losers I played with who don't know how to play, pure and simple. Taking orders is so lacking of any individual thought, that raiders tend to be bogged down in "What's this button do?" or "I haven't used this skill in over 4 months!"

Raiding does not require skill, it requires an empty head with which to follow orders. In otherwords: a sheep.

Being a sheep is boring. All you do is let a dog bite your ankles to tell you where to go, then chew your own cud until the next order.

G

g1real

Well Kevin, if you would've readed better, you could see I don't raid that much... I'm rather battlegrounds addicted, and why is raiding the only thing to do after the level cap, do the battlegrounds become obsolete? It more sounds YOU know a lot about raiding, and then daring to call me a raider, if you think WoW is only about raiding, you should quit, if you don't like playing at level 70, roll some other class, other races.. maybe that quits the whining about how WoW sucks. It's just because WoW is liked so much.

when i was at school, we had people saying "Hey check this music it pwns" then, when all people started listening to that music, the one who said "Check this!" stops loving it, because it came to the mass.

<Edit> Btw: Pwned

S

Sleepy24-7

My opinion

I thought i'd share my own personal opinion on this subject, so here it goes. My character is a Field Marshall, and has full tier 3, with Blade of Vaulted Secrets/Tome of the Ice Lord and has gone through anything you can think of. I had worked very hard to obtain those things, and it seems to me that im getting the shaft on this expansion. My rank means nothing basically, and i dont even get a discount on flying mounts? not even a 10%? I hit level 62 and I realized that I was reliving 52-60 as im on way from 62-70. The only main difference is that I can now spend 5,000 on an epic mount rather than 800(but way cheaper for me due to rank). There is a lot of new material, I agree with that, but its a lot of the same. The instances are somewhat the same. Jewelcrafting is pretty cool but i already have two 300 professions so i dont feel like starting over. My character took 100 days playing time, maybe im just getting bored.. i feel no desire in going on with the game. However, if I was a new person starting from level one with an oppurtunity to go to 70 without all the work at level 60, it would be a better experience. I had put SO much time in at level 60 that im just spent so to speak. It just seems that the expansion appeals more to newer people who hadnt done much with the game. Maybe I should make a new character or perhaps even sell my character. Though noone probably wants it anymore.

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
The one thing that lacks IMHO in WoW is creativity. In the best games the content is limited only by your own imagination. I don't mean to disrespect, but anyone that says that The Sims is more limited then WoW lacks imagination. Time for me to interject another Shameless plug for SPORE.

S

Sleepy24-7

warcraft four would be sweet. the campaign could just be the legion attacking and the alliance/horde defending as they are in WoW. basically a lot of the same storyline as WoW but in a strategy game. there could be many new things brought to the world editor and heros/units could be added in.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
My opinion is WOW is not dieing they have many adicts. However World-editor has many possibilitys with WC3 and wish they would come up with a WC4 (and a new editor):)

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
Personally, I miss the good ol' navy units and foundry! WHAT HAPPENED TO OIL I ASK YOU?

Tzirrit

Reaction score
Can you find a game which is less limited than WoW? I sure can't.

Edit~ That sentence seems hard to understand so rephrase:

WoW is the most limitless game I've come across.

*cough* Ultima Online *cough* and its what? 10 years old :D

S

Sleepy24-7

yes! what happened to the naval aspect of warcraft? juggernaughts, sea turtles, destroyer ships, submarines.. etc. it made the game more interesting in multiple aspects, you needed constant scouts of zeppelins, dragons, and ships to gaurd expansion key points. for instance on high seas combat and fierce ocean combat.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
^_________^ fact and what does everyone think of this poll? good idea? bad idea?

Void

Reaction score
MMORPGs suck. Anything MMO sucks. I prefer to keep stuff within a limited amount of players, for example games like Halo Combat Advanced, WC3 and War Rock.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.