1.22 patch hp bar - pros & cons?

Does the HP bar's pros outwiegh the cons?

• Total voters

Exfyre

hmm...
Reaction score
yo can anyone think of why you would choose to NOT use hp bars? the only reason i could think of would be because of custom ones built into a game.

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
Too many bars, too messy....

Sometimes, i rather focus on 1 or 2 unit's health, like my heroes.
With all having hp bars just gives me headache.

If you play AOS or RPG, you can see your hero's health / mana easily since it is selected, but when you play melee, with 2 or 3 heroes and multiple units running about, it become tough with overlapping bars all over the place.

Andyoyo

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Before it was impossible to spam the Alt key, because alt+a doesn't let you attack. pros vastly outweigh cons even though hp helpers are legal in tournaments, there's no more need for them. A con is, it takes a while to switch, theres not a hotkey.

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
I like this feature. It helps for games like battleships because not instead of worrying about looking at the HP all the time, all you gotta do is just look and it's very helpful to decide whos getting the upper hand, your dps or your opponants. Granted it isn't for every game, it is still very helpful.

Not to mention it's an Option and can be turned off at will.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
It can't really be turned off at will. You have to go to the menu, then options if you want to turn it off. You can't type it or push a button, if you were trying to see something really fast.

I think that it should have been added either as a command, like they did for the fps limiter, or a button in the interface. The problem is that the latter would mess up many games, especially the ones with custom interfaces.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
For some games it wouldn't really be helpfull to have them on all the time, and it can clutter the screen, but its mostly good.

@Darthfett: What do you mean? As far as I know it can be turned on and off in game..

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
it bugged on my bullet hell map XD, the bullets had hp bars for like half a second, then it got stuck and stopped folowing the bulets... then it dissapeared

but in general i do find it helpfull, especaly in tower defense maps where you can tell your sniper towers to pick off the almost dead ones

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^ I can only imagine the chaos in your Bullet Hell :p

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
@Darthfett: What do you mean? As far as I know it can be turned on and off in game..

If you have them always on:
You have to hold alt to get rid of them, and they can be really annoying in some games.

If you have them always off:
You have to hold alt constantly to see the bar, which you really need for some games.

There should be a chat command, or something really fast and easy to do, to turn them off. (I forgot that you can go to the menu -> Options and turn it off from there, but it's still a pain to have to go and do that).

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
If you have them always on:
You have to hold alt to get rid of them, and they can be really annoying in some games.

If you have them always off:
You have to hold alt constantly to see the bar, which you really need for some games.

There should be a chat command, or something really fast and easy to do, to turn them off. (I forgot that you can go to the menu -> Options and turn it off from there, but it's still a pain to have to go and do that).
I took your other post to mean you though you couldn't go to menu - options. Yes, it would be nice if alt permanetly changed it on and off, though.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
They are really helpful to me. Whenever I play someone 1v1, I constantly have my hero selected and cant focus on the health of the rest of my units. So now I can see which ones to back away in time.

Reaction score
I am so used to holding down the alt-key that I often play worse when I have HP bars enabled by default (usually this is because I am holding down alt without noticing).

I'll adjust, though. Definitely a worthy update.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.