Crime 15 Year Old Rapes Woman on Busy Toledo Street; No One Stops to Help

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The 26-year-old woman was walking from a friend's house to the library when she was accosted by 15-year-old Anferney Fontenet. He pulled a scissors and said he would cut her if she screamed. Then he raped her in broad daylight as cars drove past...

Though several drivers called 911, no one bothered to stop and help the woman. One driver slowed down and beeped. Another turned around to come back to the scene just as the boy was running away.

Even after the boy fled, stealing her cell phone, the woman tried to borrow the phone of a pedestrian. But the man just kept walking, refusing to help her.

Which has left her pretty pissed. "I'm ticked off because people were doing nothing," she told the Toledo Blade. "Just driving by. What kind of humans are we becoming?" She suffers from both bipolar disorder and Asperger's syndrome and lives in a nearby group home.

Last edited:

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
:thdown: Everyone who didn't helped her.. should be in jail.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
What I find funny is that if this actually happened, half of the people in that messageboard in the article saying "I would have stopped to help" or complaining about others not helping, would not have done anything themselves.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Yes, that's called hypocrisy.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
This pretty much sums up why I am ashamed of being a human:(
Without a doubt I would have called 911 first and then started kicking him like crazy, but then I would be going to jail for beating someone up:nuts:

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
he was 15. and alone. what kind of adult cant stop and bring down the law on that kid?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
he was 15. and alone. what kind of adult cant stop and bring down the law on that kid?

And you think that he will stop just like that?
If he is capable of doing something that stupid you almost certainly need to use force to get him to stop and that would most certainly result in the "hero" be charged for assault or something :(

It is not the people to blaim as much as our stupid laws. It should be allowed to stop a criminal like that without being sentenced for anything.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
laws help and sometimes hinder. its not like America lets us do anything about it.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
You people are seriously stupid if you think a court would convict ANYONE for going up to a rapist in the middle of a rape and at the very least throwing him off the woman.

Really?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
You people are seriously stupid if you think a court would convict ANYONE for going up to a rapist in the middle of a rape and at the very least throwing him off the woman.

Really?

While I hate to argue against the point, someone once tripped and hurt themselves trying to rob someone's house. They sued and won money for medical bills.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
While I hate to argue against the point, someone once tripped and hurt themselves trying to rob someone's house. They sued and won money for medical bills.

or the one where a man tried to commit suicide and a man "saved" his life but broke his leg and sued for the money and won.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Perhaps it's just the emotionless factor of text but she doesn't seem THAT upset about the rape. She has medical conditions, but the article makes it seem like she is just really pissed and not so much mentally shocked. Weird. I'm just going to conclude that the quotes aren't capturing her real state of mind.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score

or the one where a man tried to commit suicide and a man "saved" his life but broke his leg and sued for the money and won.

If everyone on that street thought like this, I will gladly see them in Hell.

When you're witnessing a RAPE, I would hope you think more about what is RIGHT, not what is best for YOU.

YOU were not the victim. When you are, THEN you can be self-concerned.

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
As a woman, if I was getting raped I would sure as Hell expect someone to do something, Anything to help, but I would also jump in if I saw it happening.
So what if I get sued for hurting them they deserve it, there dumb asses will be in jail for years getting phsy help most likely and labled as a rapist whenever they get out...... Its just a lose lose situation, at least you have a clear conciense...

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
What I find funny is that if this actually happened, half of the people in that messageboard in the article saying "I would have stopped to help" or complaining about others not helping, would not have done anything themselves.

I agree. Sure reading about it in an article you might think WTF, but actually witnessing this on the highway, you would think, as the article said, that they are having public sex or something. And to get out of your car and go out of your way for the possibility of both of them being like "Fuck off, we're just trying to have sex here".

OR, worse he could have pulled a gun on YOU and then there goes your car...

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
If everyone on that street thought like this, I will gladly see them in Hell.

When you're witnessing a RAPE, I would hope you think more about what is RIGHT, not what is best for YOU.

YOU were not the victim. When you are, THEN you can be self-concerned.

I'm not saying anyone's even considering the fact that they may get sued for stopping a guy from raping someone. I'm just saying that the courts aren't exactly reliable or intelligent. They are machines.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.