Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
>>Is there a way to "set" the amount of experience which a unit gives when it is killed via trigger?
Trigger:
  • Hero - Set <UNIT> experience to <VALUE>, <HIDE?> level-up graphics

This?

>>Also, does anyone know the path of the model which shows a scarab burrowed under the ground (just a big hole)
Its animation of the model :p normally named 'alternate'.

Bigheaded

Reaction score
>>Is there a way to "set" the amount of experience which a unit gives when it is killed via trigger?
Trigger:
  • Hero - Set <UNIT> experience to <VALUE>, <HIDE?> level-up graphics

This?

>>Also, does anyone know the path of the model which shows a scarab burrowed under the ground (just a big hole)
Its animation of the model :p normally named 'alternate'.

A little more explanation of what this trigger is would help.

Easiest way to change experience is by object editor.
Experience based on the killed units level. Also in gameplay constraints the amount of experience given by creeps (neutral hostile) can be changed, as creep usually give less exp.
So to change it's experience, change the level of the unit, try making a peasent level 15 then killing it. A level 1 hero gained ~1 and a half levels for killing it.

So to change the exp, change the level.

I am less sure how to do it by triggers, to give it to the hero which killed the unit OR a unit which has been on the map since the game began is a lot easier.
Here is the second:
Trigger:
  • hero at start of game
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Killing unit) Equal to Blood Mage 0000 <gen>
    • Actions
      • Hero - Add 1000 experience to (Killing unit), Hide level-up graphics

forgotten how to check if triggering unit is equal to a hero :/.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
the check is a boolean condition:
Trigger:
  • (Triggering Unit is a Hero) is equal to true

and instead of doing 1000, you could put some math to it, ie: 1000 x level of dying unit, etc

Bigheaded

Reaction score
Just had a genius idea, is this level 100 unit a creep? for if so just set creeps exp to zero (in gameplay constraints). then simply add it via triggers.

voila!

Do you want it to work for ALL units? for that can be changed in gameplay constraints also. If you only want it for 1 players units then it gets complicated.
There would be workarounds i.e to set the experience of the hero to it's current experience, minus the exp a level 100 unit brings then add 10.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
or you could just do level of unit/10 then 20 = 2 xp, 300 = 30, etc.

you can set the gameplay constants for experience gained from neutral to 0 and from players to 0 then trigger it all like this:
Trigger:
  • Exp
    • Events
      • A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • Unit type of Dying unit is equal to YourUnit
    • Actions
      • Hero - add 5 experience to Killing unit, Dont hide level up graphics

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
In my opinion, the best way to manipulate experience is to open up the Gameplay Constants and set all the fields between "Hero XP Gained - Hero, Constant Factor" and "Hero XP Gained - Normal, Table" to 0. Then you can dynamically manipulate experience anyway you want, through triggers.

But if you just want to keep it simple, here is a tutorial on the gameplay constants experience: click me!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.