3.2 : Call of the Crusade

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The upcoming major content patch, Call of the Crusade, will bring a host of new features for World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King.

* The Argent Tournament Expands: With the help of Azeroth’s heroes, the Argent Crusade will finish the Argent Coliseum just in time to call for all brave citizens to prepare for battle with the Lich King. New dailies, rewards, and more will be available at the Argent Tournament grounds to lure adventurers into the coliseum.
* Crusaders’ Coliseum: In order to prepare for a siege on Icecrown Citadel, players will be called by the Argent Crusade to test their mettle in the Coliseum. 5-player, 10-player, and 25-player challenges await inside.
* New Battleground: Isle of Conquest, a new large-scale siege Battleground, will be open. The Horde and Alliance will battle head-to-head for control of strategic resources to lay siege to the keeps of their opponents.
* New Arena Season: Season 7 will officially start, paving the way for all-new items and challenges.

Source

Oninuva

Reaction score
Very nice indeed, instanced Argent Tournament stuff should be cool :D Hopefully there will be not-so-ugly Horde mounts

Hmmm, any idea where this new Battleground is going to be located?

The argent tournament is going to be an arena style of dungeon. Sort of like Ring of Blood, Amphitheater but better and more epic.

The Battle Ground will be a mix of Wintergrasp and Altrac Valley. Meaning there will be multiple bases (bridges), a large map, and lots of vehicles.

Hopefully Season 7 will bring balance and more things to do with honor.

nica6

Reaction score
Wow is different! It is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game by Blizzard Entertainment. I am interested to play it again :)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
These features sound pretty cool. Shame I can't afford it again.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
WoW is different. I wish I could afford to play it again.

Well, there is a lot of people that there will soon be the "armaggeddon" of World of Warcraft and SC2 or some MMORPG will steal most if its mainstream-customers, leaving only the hardcore ones left.

punwisp

Reaction score
Wow is different! It is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game by Blizzard Entertainment. I am interested to play it again :)

none wotlk stuff is same as always, once you reach northrend, thats where all the new stuff, features, and so on are experianced. Mainly level 80s get all the awesome stuff.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
3.2 PTR Patch Notes

They changed battlegrounds big time.

And mounts at level 20, and epic mounts at 40? Sounds pretty crazy, I didn't believe it at first. At least death knights don't have epic mounts before everyone else anymore.

This patch is a huge change, especially to battlegrounds. I love that they are paying more attention to them, but some of the changes were pretty shocking. Battleground experience, I thought they would never add it. I think it is overall a cool idea, especially since you can turn it off if you want and fully disable experience gain by any means. =D

The new arena gear is only obtainable by 3v3 or 5v5, pretty interesting.. Goodbye to 2v2 for anything other than previous gear D=

Disabling experience gains will prevent a player from gaining experience through any means available in the game.

That makes twinking too easy. :p But at least they have separate battlegrounds for them.

This patch is going to bring a massive change to everything.. I don't even believe some of the stuff they are adding. I'll see how it is when I get to it.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I don't even believe some of the stuff they are adding.
Ye, some people are getting really worked up over the re-working of Emblems :p It's probably a bit much to make all pre-Ulduar instances have Emblems of Conquest, but I suppose it's nice for alts/those who started WoW late but want to be able to keep up with PvE content. I wonder if Blizzard will stick to this decision...

All the new Tournament stuff should be cool :)

Oninuva

Reaction score
Ye, some people are getting really worked up over the re-working of Emblems :p It's probably a bit much to make all pre-Ulduar instances have Emblems of Conquest, but I suppose it's nice for alts/those who started WoW late but want to be able to keep up with PvE content. I wonder if Blizzard will stick to this decision...

All the new Tournament stuff should be cool :)

Similar to BC badges.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Thought it was normal mounts @ 30.

Code:
# Mounts

* The cast time for summoning any ground mount is now 1.5 seconds, down from 3 seconds.
    * Apprentice Riding (Skill 75): Can now be learned at level 20 for 4 gold. Mail will be sent to players who reach level 20 directing them to the riding trainer.
    * Journeyman Riding (Skill 150): Can now be learned at level 40 for 50 gold. Mail will be sent to players who reach level 40 directing them back to the riding trainer.
    * Expert Riding (Skill 225): Can now be learned at level 60 for 600 gold from trainers in Honor Hold or Thrallmar. Faction discounts now apply (Honor Hold for Alliance; Thrallmar for Horde). Flight speed at this skill level has been increased to 150% of run speed, up from 60%.
    * Artisan Riding (Skill 300): Faction discounts now apply (Honor Hold or Valiance Expedition for Alliance; Thrallmar or Warsong Offensive for Horde).
    * In order to further equalize the number of purchasable mounts available to each race, a new 60% speed ground mount has been added for night elves, and a new 100% speed ground mount has been added for the undead.
    * Flying over Dalaran and Wintergrasp is now possible so long as players keep a healthy distance above the ground.

Yay.

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
Casuals always win. PvP is always unbalanced. PvE is always way too easy.

That is the Blizzard way.

TFlan

Reaction score
Not useless, completely accurate.

PvP:
5's: Zerg rush.

3's: The most skill orientated bracket imo. However, RMP dominates the bracket and always will unless blizzard nerfs the shit outta frost mages.

2's: So many different combinations that any 2 GOOD players can go in there with the most ridiculous comp (lets say enh sham = lock) and still get a decent 2k+ rating. But since it's almost always a 1v1 fight orientated match between the dps on either side, and DK's being ridiculously OP with heals / advoidance / stuns / etc and rogues being able to 100 -> 0 anything within a kidney shot and ret's being able to hit 3 buttons and watch ppl die all around them, blizzard decided ( HEY! lets kill 2's! )
"Beginning with season 7, players will no longer have access to the newest season's weapons or shoulder armor and will not qualify for the Gladiator title/rewards with ratings from the 2v2 bracket alone. Ratings obtained through 3v3 and 5v5 game play will be required for these rewards, while the rest of the newest season's items will remain available to players in all brackets (standard rating restrictions still apply)."

PvE:
Must I list all the nerfs?

Casuals always win:
- Making everything drop conquest! YAY! FREE LOOOTS FOR ALL!
- A heroic drops 213 gear.... BRILLANT!
- Lets nerf Res so you don't need so much to be able to survive! (AKA lets make it so people who don't want to grind honor and learn how to play actually get gear)

Shall I continue?

Oninuva

Reaction score
Making heroics drop conquest is to close the gear gap between new level 80s and yes, you could say casuals. It does not matter if casuals have t8/8.5 just because of the fact that they still will not take part in progression content.

Basically everything was changed to allow players to gear up new alts faster, etc. I for one would be happy as I am leveling a new priest and he is at 74 right now, hopefully when he hits 80, 3.2 will be out.

And no I am not a casual player, I actually raid almost every night of the week, and yes, I also win.

Gear is not 100% of the game, it's also skill and the ability to put together a group or lead a raiding guild. You try and run a guild and have 25 people come together at the same time to raid. Even if they were all geared, it don't mean you face-roll everything.

Sure it helps if your geared as bosses won't hit as hard, you don't have to heal as much, and they die faster but bosses such as mimiron still will wtfwipe a person that does not know what their doing, given they have full t.8/8.5 gear with a 2500 gearscore.

TFlan

Reaction score
"Gear is not 100% of the game"
It's 99% of the game ever since achievements were put in. Before that, it was 100%. And I'd like to see you try to argue this point

The badge change is not for alts, its for the casuals who can't down bosses in Naxx-25

"Sure it helps if your geared as bosses won't hit as hard, you don't have to heal as much, and they die faster but bosses such as mimiron still will wtfwipe a person that does not know what their doing, given they have full t.8/8.5 gear with a 2500 gearscore."

My point exactly... lets give gear to people who wipe on the boss that actually gives that piece of loot, but instead, all you have to do is run 3 - 4 heroics which takes 20 less people, and hours less time.

The current badge rewards I'm ok with since you have to actually do the bosses to get the badges, so instead of waiting on the DKP or loot list to get the item, you can save your DKP for something else, and just buy the gear with the badges you get WHILE killing the bosses that drop those pieces of gear.

---

For the first couple months of any new patch, it's always been the Casuals QQing about bosses being too hard or gear too limited, when it's really about them not knowing how to play their class to the maximum.

Blizzard caves in, next minor patch rolls along, mimiron is nerfed, hardmodes are nerfed, and still the casuals QQ about bosses being too hard still.

So finally blizzard makes 3.2. But instead of giving the players that call themselves hardcore players the time to be able to jump around on org bank with their new gear or sit on their new 310 mounts in dalaran bank. They just immediately give players free 213 / 226 gear from heroics.

Blizzard has even said it themselves that they want the casuals to be able to experience end game content before the next patch rolls around. It's always about the general population, the guys who don't really care what happens to the game, but play just enough of it to think they own it.

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
Well, there is a lot of people that there will soon be the "armaggeddon" of World of Warcraft and SC2 or some MMORPG will steal most if its mainstream-customers, leaving only the hardcore ones left.

Thats not going to be good ONLY hardcore WOW NERDS LEFT :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: This is bad!!!!!!!!
yeah there are ways to get around paying 4 wow which is more 4 the ppl who are less serious about wow and just want a laugh

Oninuva

Reaction score
"Gear is not 100% of the game"
It's 99% of the game ever since achievements were put in. Before that, it was 100%. And I'd like to see you try to argue this point

The badge change is not for alts, its for the casuals who can't down bosses in Naxx-25

"Sure it helps if your geared as bosses won't hit as hard, you don't have to heal as much, and they die faster but bosses such as mimiron still will wtfwipe a person that does not know what their doing, given they have full t.8/8.5 gear with a 2500 gearscore."

My point exactly... lets give gear to people who wipe on the boss that actually gives that piece of loot, but instead, all you have to do is run 3 - 4 heroics which takes 20 less people, and hours less time.

The current badge rewards I'm ok with since you have to actually do the bosses to get the badges, so instead of waiting on the DKP or loot list to get the item, you can save your DKP for something else, and just buy the gear with the badges you get WHILE killing the bosses that drop those pieces of gear.

---

For the first couple months of any new patch, it's always been the Casuals QQing about bosses being too hard or gear too limited, when it's really about them not knowing how to play their class to the maximum.

Blizzard caves in, next minor patch rolls along, mimiron is nerfed, hardmodes are nerfed, and still the casuals QQ about bosses being too hard still.

So finally blizzard makes 3.2. But instead of giving the players that call themselves hardcore players the time to be able to jump around on org bank with their new gear or sit on their new 310 mounts in dalaran bank. They just immediately give players free 213 / 226 gear from heroics.

Blizzard has even said it themselves that they want the casuals to be able to experience end game content before the next patch rolls around. It's always about the general population, the guys who don't really care what happens to the game, but play just enough of it to think they own it.

Do you feel your cool being the 1% of the server who downs mimiron? CASUALS STILL WON'T BE ABLE TO PUG ULDUAR25 or GET FAR IN ULDUAR10. I CAN'T SEE A PUG KILLING IGNIS ON 25 OR DOING FL4T! Besides, I can still run around and wave my Champion of Ulduar achievement. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.