360 / Wii / Ps3 GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Sorry about the _2 :p

lol, well XBox has more of those hard-core... games... o.o So then you play with friends.
But yeah, the little kids are annoying.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I don't see what the fuss is over Xbox Live against PSN. PSN is free for a start, and I've never had any problems with it. With Xbox Live, you've got to pay and even then there are still ads left right and centre. Plus, I've noticed the volume of screaming 9-year-old racist homophobics is much lower on PSN than on XBL.

Thats because there are less players on PSN than XBL, or just flat out, you got lucky and didn't get with any games that had them.

The XBL online features compared to the PSN online features are, in a non-bias fanboy view, far more feature-ful. There are many more online features on the 360 than the PS3.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
And these are? I've heard people say this before but I've never had any actual examples.

Um hmm.. let's see

In-Game messaging
Gamer Profiles
Interface
Group/Party Chat
More Variety of Arcade Games / Marketplace Games (Sony does not sell indie games)
Interaction between friends and players
Social

Tru_Power22

Reaction score
In-Game messaging - Check
Gamer Profiles - Check
Interface - Not a feature
Group/Party Chat - Not there.
More Variety of Arcade Games / Marketplace Games (Sony does not sell indie games) - Yes, Sony does, it's just strict with what it puts on there. There is way less crap-ware on the PSN.
Interaction between friends and players - Um... Kay... I have no idea what you mean.

That's one feature missing. Big deal. PS3 has something the X-box doesn't have, Linux support.

For the win.

Oninuva

Reaction score
In-Game messaging - Check
Gamer Profiles - Check
Interface - Not a feature
Group/Party Chat - Not there.
More Variety of Arcade Games / Marketplace Games (Sony does not sell indie games) - Yes, Sony does, it's just strict with what it puts on there. There is way less crap-ware on the PSN.
Interaction between friends and players - Um... Kay... I have no idea what you mean.

That's one feature missing. Big deal. PS3 has something the X-box doesn't have, Linux support.

For the win.

Xbox has intergration with windows
Gamer Profiles on Xbox is more diverse and detailed than PSN
You can't send messages / chat players not playing the same game with you on PSN.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
understand, that the PS3 exclusive games really bring out the graphical capabilities of the PS3 (for example MGS4) and that really is something that makes it worth the price (which is now lowered to 299, i bought it when it was still expensive). Price is probably the only thing that might stop a prospective buyer, but the plain out fact that some of the PS3 exclusive games have critics saying it is a good enough reason to just get a PS3.

Littlebigplanet:
The reviewer, Chris Roper, also suggested that the game may even be a reason to buy a PlayStation 3; "If you own a PlayStation 3, you cannot miss this. If you don’t have a PS3 yet, this is the reason to get one."[13]

I honestly do think PS3 is better in a logical way.
For one reason. You get a blu-ray player, that was pretty much the reason why my dad bought one -.-
PS3 has hit the gaming world with 3 huge titles LBP, MGS4, Uncharted 2
PSN is free, even though i dont use it

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Well the Console Exclusives exist on both the 360 and Wii:

360: Fable 2, Halo 3, Gears of War 2

Wii: Brawl, Twilight Princess (Although not Wii per say, it is only on the Wii as far as Seventh Generation Goes, and is modified for the Wii as a new release, so i count it in) and Super Mario Brothers in general.

I agree that PSN is free which is a big + on their side, but then again, when the console came out it was so expensive that many players opted to go for the 360 and just pay the online fee ^^

Still, i prefer the Wii, it's so different and the games are just too much fun to play xP

And one more thing, all the people that are for the PS3 seem to tie back on the blu ray disc. You can read blu ray discs on your computer as well, and with a proper cable easily attach the graphics card to your TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.