Gaming 4chan's fake Xbox One instructions convince users to brick their systems

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
With as many problems as Microsoft’s new gaming console, the Xbox One, has encountered in its rocky road to the holiday market, the real surprise is that how 4chan managed to wait til December before creating the ultimate prank for anyone still holding onto their dreams of an Xbox not “fraught with frustrations.”

Yesterday, 4chan’s infamous /b/ forum—which a few months ago convinced a bunch of people to dunk their new iPhones in water—unleashed an elaborate infographic that promises a “hack” to provide backwards compatibility for the Xbox One.

There’s just one hitch: Actually following the directions will totally destroy your new toy. You know. The one that retails anywhere from $500 to $900.

The prank purports to “unlock” the console, allowing it to play games designed for the older Xbox 360.

unlock.png

Read more here.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Keeps the idiots off Xbox Live. If only 4chan could convince people to shoot themselves and others...

Varine

Reaction score
Why? It would be easier to just keep the idiots off the Internet.

Varine

Reaction score
How would that be me killing people? It would be people like you killing people.

mushroom911

I think I should change my avatar
Reaction score
Rule nr 1......
aside from that. Being a survivor of the deepest pits of the internet and having survived during it's worst (I''m talking about you 2007-2009) I know that spending time in that hell infested place yields so much experience and wisdom of how the human mind works that it's creepy.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
How would that be me killing people? It would be people like you killing people.
No you! Well, you "encouraged people to commit Suicide" eh? and they should kill other people. Hmmm So, best thing is "Just to shut down 4chan!"

Varine

Reaction score
I don't encourage anyone to do anything. I'm encouraging 4chan to do it.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Its the evolution of firecat. The random "-marks within the sentences are gone now, but other quirks have to emerge in order to keep us confused and irritated.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.