5 cool questions. Help please :)

hopy

Reaction score
As alway's I post multiple questions in one thread to prevent me from having to spam the whole forums. I will add the awnsers to the questions in green once I got the awnser for people who can use it.

Question 1: All visible Game Mode - Solved, Thank you.
I would like to create a game mode selectable at the start of the map that reveals the whole map for all players and basicly allows them to see all .... iseedeadpeople.

Well than the problem is ... I can't find any option that allows me to change the visibility for all players to "All visible" or something.
Is there anyway of doing this?

Trigger:
  • Vis
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -vis as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Picked player) emitting Visibility across Vision the middle <gen>

Vision of middle <gen> is my region you can change it to "playable map area"

Question 2: Random Point - Still need help please.
In my map I have the ability: Demesion Break
The Demension Walker uses his power over the demensions to give a chance to move attacking units away from him and damage them a little. Passive

Trigger:
  • Demension Break
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Shadow Walker
      • (Level of Demesion Break [Demension Walker] for (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Set DeBr_Level_2 = (Level of Demesion Break [Demension Walker] for (Attacked unit))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to (6 + (DeBr_Level_2 x 5))
          • ((Attacking unit) is A Hero) Not equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of DeBr_Hero using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathandDecay\DeathandDecayTarget.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Set DeBr_Hero_point = (Position of (Attacked unit))
          • Set DB_Point_Offset = (DeBr_Hero_point offset by (Random real number between 130.00 and (300.00 + ((Real((Level of Demesion Break [Demension Walker] for (Attacked unit)))) x 175.00))) towards (Random real number between 1.00 and 360.00) degrees)
          • Unit - Move (Attacking unit) instantly to DB_Point_Offset
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Attacking unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\Darksummoning\DarkSummonTarget.mdl
          • Unit - Cause (Attacked unit) to damage (Attacking unit), dealing (10.00 x DeBr_Level) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_DeBr_Hero_point)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_DB_Point_Offset)
        • Else - Actions

But the unit it moves can get stuck in tree's, water etc ...
Is there a way to prevent the moved unit from getting stuck.

Question 3: Replacing Ability's by Trigger - Partly, Solved thank you ... still need some help though :(.

I have an item that is supposed to:
- Increase the Taurens strenght by 2
- Replace Rage [Tauren] with Rage [ToP]
- Can only be used by the Tauren Chieftan

Trigger:
  • Tome Rage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Tome of Rage
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Cairne Bloodhoof
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ToP_Intreger[14] Not equal to 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Set ToP_Intreger[14] = (Level of Rage [Tauren] for (Triggering unit))
              • Hero - Modify Strength of (Triggering unit): Add 2
              • Unit - Remove Rage [Tauren] from (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Add Rage [ToP] to (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Set level of Rage [ToP] for (Triggering unit) to ToP_Intreger[14]
              • Set ToP_Intreger[14] = 1
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players matching ((Matching player) Equal to (Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: |cffff0000You can o...
              • Hero - Create (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) and give it to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players matching ((Matching player) Equal to (Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: |cffff0000This item...
          • Hero - Create (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) and give it to (Triggering unit)

But instead of completely replacing the Ability it just sets the ability level to 0 and adds the Rage [ToP] ability... but you can learn the Rage [Tauren] instead of Rage [ToP] when leveling up.

How do I completely replace the ability?
Trigger:
  • * Hero - Modify Strength of (Triggering unit): Add 2
    • * Unit - Add Rage [ToP] to (Triggering unit)
    • * Unit - Set level of Rage [ToP] for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Rage [Tauren] for (Triggering unit))
    • * Player - Disable Rage [Tauren] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))

I still need to find a way to be able to allow the ToP ability to be upgraded on level up.

Question 4: Hero Name - Solved, Thank you.
I need a NAME for a hero.
Model: Alchemist
Ability's: All Gold Based
- A goblin and his ogre helper. They will fight for annyone that will pay them and fight for only 1 goal: Gold.

Anyone have a good idea?

Gold Digger
Gold Finger
Ongron the Greedy

Question 5: Warp Gate - Solved, Thank you.
I wan't workers to be able to create a Tunnle / Way Gate kinda thing.
Like the tunnles in Tree Tag.

But I don't know how Way gates work... <,< and is it posible to create Way gates with workers and connect 2 of them with an ability?

Trigger:
  • Tunnel
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Dispersion [Hydro]
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to Town Hall Shop
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Tunnel1[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Not equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: Success xD
              • Set Tunnel1[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = True
              • Set Tunnel2[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
              • Set Tunnel3[1] = (Target point of ability being cast)
              • Set Tunnel3[2] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
              • Neutral Building - Enable (Triggering unit)
              • Neutral Building - Enable (Target unit of ability being cast)
              • Neutral Building - Set (Triggering unit) destination to Tunnel3[1]
              • Neutral Building - Set (Target unit of ability being cast) destination to Tunnel3[2]
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Tunnel3[1])
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Tunnel3[2])
            • Else - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: You already created...
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: Sorry, that is not ...

Thank you in advance for any help. and +rep if you solve a problem.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
#1 -
Trigger:
  • Vis
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -vis as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Picked player) emitting Visibility across Vision the middle &lt;gen&gt;

Vision of middle <gen> is my region you can change it to "playable map area"

#4 -
Gold Digger
Gold Finger
Ongron the Greedy

hopy

Reaction score
Yay, thank you very much :D thats 2/5 solved :) +rep

But wouldn't "playable map area" count as a leak like this?

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
@2
you'll need to use some if to check if that point is walkable, i don't know do it with gui, i'm sorry

@3
try to change the things, instead to remove ability then add, add ability, set level <no variable> and then DISABLE the ability to prevent it to be learned.

EDIT: no, region don't leak, just point

Goliath520

Reaction score
not entirly sure this would work but try setting all the "triggering unit" to "hero manipulating item"

I think this might work

Trigger:
  • untitled trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit casts an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (way gate connection)
    • Actions
      • Neutral Building - Set (Casting unit) destination to (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Neutral Building - Set (Target unit of ability being cast) destination to (Casting unit)

I don't think you need both directions for the actions but I haven't tried it before. Also you will need a dummy ability(way gate connection) to connect the two.

hopy

Reaction score
try to change the things, instead to remove ability then add, add ability, set level <no variable> and then DISABLE the ability to prevent it to be learned.

How do I DISABLE an ability? and what exactly should be the point of changing the order and use no variable?

not entirly sure this would work but try setting all the "triggering unit" to "hero manipulating item"
Well the trigger works, its just that the ability can still be learned and the ToP ability can't be upgrade/learned on level up... so I don't think this will make any difference ... Iwill try though.

And for 5... so I will need to create a tunnle with the waygate ability.
Than add the Connection ability to it and when it's used the "destinations" are set ...
What exactly is the Destination? what does it do ... is that the whole thing about Waygates?

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
if remove ability don't work, do this:
Trigger:
    • Unit - Set level of Rage [ToP] for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Rage [Tauren] for (Triggering unit))
    • Player - Disable Rage [Tauren] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))

EDIT: PS: the added ability NEED have more then 1 level

hopy

Reaction score
Alright, I will try that... takes about 10 minutes to load on this PC though <,<

Goliath520

Reaction score
And for 5... so I will need to create a tunnle with the waygate ability.
Than add the Connection ability to it and when it's used the "destinations" are set ...
What exactly is the Destination? what does it do ... is that the whole thing about Waygates?

What you want is to your worker that builds a building that is your tunnel. your tunnel needs a dummy ability to connect to another tunnel. The destination is just where you want the way gate to send the unit.

Thinking back to what I did, there is one very real possiblity that can really throw off the game, if you cast the ability on a unit, the destination will be that unit. you may want to add an if/then/else trigger to test what the ability is being casted on.

hopy

Reaction score
What you want is to your worker that builds a building that is your tunnel. your tunnel needs a dummy ability to connect to another tunnel. The destination is just where you want the way gate to send the unit.

Thinking back to what I did, there is one very real possiblity that can really throw off the game, if you cast the ability on a unit, the destination will be that unit. you may want to add an if/then/else trigger to test what the ability is being casted on.

Well, I could just add a "Target unit of ability being cast equal to Tunnle" right?

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
I know region leaks, but... HERES THE TUNNEL

This is just a sample, you can make improve it though

Attachments

• Tunnel Test.w3x
    9.5 KB · Views: 170

hopy

Reaction score
yea, that works a lot better.

Alright, I will try that than. - Will post when I've tested this.

if remove ability don't work, do this:
Trigger:
    • Unit - Set level of Rage [ToP] for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Rage [Tauren] for (Triggering unit))
    • Player - Disable Rage [Tauren] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))

EDIT: PS: the added ability NEED have more then 1 level

This works ... but theres still one problem ...
The new [ToP] ability still cannot be upgraded or learned.

I have edited the trigger so that you need Rage level 1 to use it so that aint a problem no more ...

But the fact you can't upgrade the Rage [ToP] is and kinda sucks XD

I know region leaks, but... HERES THE TUNNEL

This is just a sample, you can make improve it though

Thank you, I will take a look :)
Saving my current map atm ... will take a while XD Curse this slow PC XD sorry

It works perfectly ... thank you :D +rep to both of ye

foodflare

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
for #3 if you have only one of this unit type per player possibility then you could have the unit have both abilities learnable originally and at map initialization you could disable the new ability. Then, when this trigger fires you could enable the new ability, set it to the same level as the old ability, and disable the old ability for that player. I believe the function you need would be "Player - Enable/Disable ability for player" or something to that effect(i don't know because i don't have WE on this computer).

i think you meant Dimension for the #2 thing, but i don't know.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.