A New Project…

Mind

Reaction score
I'm planning on creating a cut-scene-type map, but I'm uncertain about its story, which is, obviously, the skeleton of a cinematic…

What are the most important properties of a decent story?
It must reflect the philosophy of the author, and must be unpredictable… What else?

Ultimately, my oppressive ambitions whisper to me, beforehand, that this project will be a failure.

Edit: The most significant problem will be the voices… The voice of a very young adolescent will not sound impressive…

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
What are the most important properties of a decent story?

Logic.
Believability.

Basically, take any (recent) Hollywood Block-Buster Trailer.
Watch it carefully.
Then don't do that.

It must reflect the philosophy of the author, and must be unpredictable…

You'll manage this easily I guess ;)

Ultimately, my oppressive ambitions whisper to me, beforehand, that this project will be a failure.

Omnia autem probate, quod bonum est tenete.

The most significant problem will be the voices… The voice of a very young adolescent will not sound impressive…

Depends on the voice :)

My comp is one of the most quiet things
in this house.
At most, I hear "We're under attack",
and only if I'm listening very carefully...

You sure you actually need v(n)oice?

Yours
AceHart

Mind

Reaction score
Omnia autem probate, quod bonum est tenete.

I've studied Latin for only 2 years now, and can't translate this sentence accurately... What does it mean?
Er, "However, proof everything which is good to hold?"

I believe that I have a decent basic for the story of my cinematic.

When the Lich King's power waned, he lost control over the majority of his forces. A Dark Ranger, who has regained control over herself, seeks to be accepted by the human society again...

Please give me ideas.

Logic.
Believability.

I doubt that that is important or even possible. We know virtually nothing, thus we can hardly judge about what is possible and what is absurd.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
write the story out now, make it into a cinematic when you get older.

When I was 12-13 yo that's exactly what I did, I spent all my spare time writing this one big story, with the hope that I could flesh it out into something movie-like when I got older...

...and now that I'm older, I'm currently re-investigating my ideas and seeing what works and what doesn't work.

Don't be in a rush to do it, just focus on the story.

Mind

Reaction score
Does anyone know a decent name for my cinematic?

I'd attacht the rough basis of my map to this message, but it is too large.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
forget the name for now, the plot is what matters. Is the plot fully written out yet?

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
You copuld do the aftermath of after the Frozen Throne ending.

[EDIT] Oops, I just gave away the ending of the Frozen Throne before I edited it:$. Thank god I caught it in time.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Given that its been out for 18 months and that WoW is supposed to carry on that storyline, I don't think you need to keep quiet about what happened at the end.

Mind

Reaction score
I've decided to cast aside my Cutscene-type map and start making a Hero Defense.

Suggestions would be welcome.

S

Spastic

Well, whatever you decide to do, don't overextend your vocabulary like I know you know how to. Dumb down the speech so that even the trashiest of white trash can understand it. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.