A WE Spell Section

Do we need a section for Custom Spells in WE Zone?

• Total voters

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Do you think we need one? I think it would be nice to have a separate subforum here where everyone can submit their spells. First though it would be ok in the Free Trigger code, but that isn't a good idea - mostly because people can't comment in that area and because not many people would look for a spell in there.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
ok...regardless of the forum it would be in...do you think we need one?

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
I don't think there is the need for a whole forum just for spells, not like there is that many good spell makers around here (not sure at all, but what I think)? Most of the "pro" spell makers hang around wc3campaigns?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
"Free Trigger Code" ... Is it's own forum :)

Unless you're talking about non-triggered spells, which usually aren't terribly interesting anyway.

Eh. Voting no :eek:

Sorry :p

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> "Free Trigger Code" ... Is it's own forum

> First though it would be ok in the Free Trigger code, but that isn't a good idea - mostly because people can't comment in that area and because not many people would look for a spell in there.

then again its not my decision to make, this is just a suggestion :)

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
YES!!
Would be fun..
And there will be something new in this forum .... :D

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
I say no. Why? Well, there just isn't enough spell makers let alone spells they make. If there were a lot more perhaps they should, but until that happens I would suggest posting a thread called "<your Name>'s spells". Just like Kc102 did.

So, I voted no.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> Well, there just isn't enough spell makers let alone spells they make.
perhaps there would be if we had a section for that?
ok i guess the forum is out of the question...but perhaps there should be a separate topic for submissions in free trigger code with different rules and making new topics out of the submitted spells?

Tonks

Reaction score
I completely agree.
-Give a kid a fishing rod and he'll learn to fish.
-Give a member a Spells forum and he/she'll learn to make spells.

I think that it would probably benefit TH. We'd probably get a few good tutorials about spell making and such, and the ones that we already have could be stickied in there.

*Votes Yes*

DM Cross

Reaction score
It doesn't work like that. It's not "Create a forum and there will be content" it's "Wait for the content in multiple threads and THEN create a forum, moving those already made threads".

Gotta have a pull for a topic to wanna create it.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> it's "Wait for the content in multiple threads and THEN create a forum, moving those already made threads".
Well the thing is that a spell submitted here wouldn't get much audience - the topic would quickly go down on the list if posted in the WE Help Zone or simply won't be viewed that much in Members' Projects - people expect to see actual projects there, not someone's spells.
Considering this people would rather post their work on wc3sear.ch (a very unstable and slow site) or wc3campaigns (which has some pretty strict rules). This is why I started the topic in the first place - if we had a spell section I'm pretty sure there would be people to use it.
After all I don't recall that many topics about WoW or Jass until we actually got some forums for them ;)
Perhaps the poll question should have been "Would you post your work if we had a spell section?"...

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
We might be able to do something like this. Start a thread in the Mods forum about it.

DM Cross

Reaction score
SFilip said:
After all I don't recall that many topics about WoW or Jass until we actually got some forums for them ;)

Then you didn't look hard enough.

The Helper said:
We might be able to do something like this. Start a thread in the Mods forum about it.

Once again, I make a statement and appear to be wrong.

Maybe I'll keep my mouth shut from now on.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.