Ability Problems

captainrads

Reaction score
Ok, so I've got problems with abilities I'm trying to create.

One is an ability where a hero spawns a gold mine which automatically generates gold to the hero on regular intervals until it runs out of gold. I have little idea on how to go about doing this, and using things like feral spirit and water elemental for spawns doesn't seem right, and I would like the gold mine to generate gold automatically, not by means of a miner.

The next is an ability where a spider lays a bunch of eggs which hatch into spiders a few seconds later. I want this to happen automatically, and while I have tried the phoenix morphing egg ability, it doesn't seem to work, as the spider eggs have to be killed to spawn spiders.

Oh yeah, and I've got another ability where a hero builds a scout tower which can be upgraded into a bunch of different towers, being destroyed after 60 seconds. The problem is, I only want the upgraded towers to have an expiration, not the scout tower. Right now I have triggers accomplishing this, but if there is an easier way I would like to know.

Also, with a stampede-type skill, I want to change the thunder lizards to running bears. Is this possible without JASS?

And while I'm at it, is it possible to change the colors of effects without JASS? Or is this even possible at all? (Example: a blue tinted infernal meteor, a gold frost armor, etc.)

Thanks to anyone who helps me at all, it will be greatly appreciated.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
When making a long question you should try to simplifiy it
for the 60 second timer, it's in unit- add generric timer I believe and set it to XX seconds

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
I'll tell you now about stampede, the only reason that it's running lizards is because there is already a running lizard model. For bears, you would need to import some kind of running bear model, if you wish to keep the generic stampede.

Again, on tinting animations, either make an invulnerable unit and tint it, or get a custom model.

Good custom models are found in the Hive, or at http://wc3campaigns.net/.

captainrads

Reaction score
Yeah I've got the tower ability working, just wanted to know if it could be done without triggers.

I'll try and do some importing of models a bit later, after the beta gets released.

Anyone know how to do the other abilities? The gold mine and the egg laying abilities have been really bugging me, and I'd like to get them finished as the beta version of the map I'm working on just needs some bug fixes like that and it'll be ready for release.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.