About downloading a huge file (All GPL games in 1), 35.46 GB, Torrent Questions

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Right now, it took me a full week to get from 0% to 8.6%, which is really a time wasting and electricity consuming thing to do.

Are there ways to get those GPL games download a bit faster, or something that helps?

And if you're legally downloading something that's above 30 GBs, how do you make it faster?

Does switching from Bitcomet 1.02 to Azureus 3.0.0.1 helps at all?

Can there be something that boosts the connection speeds?

------------

In Bitcomet v1.02, there's a yellow sign at the bottom right corner. How do you make it green?

------------

Will +rep. Thank you very very much. :D

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Say, I have this torrent, and I don't want to re-download. I have 8.8%, and I really hate it to see it go back to 0% and start over, otherwise I waste my full week trying to finish this download. Can you tell me how do you make the switch?

Demi666

Reaction score
Does thehelper.net support Torrent help or w/e :O?
I mean i think i got banned for 1 week after naming autorefresh lmao..

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> Can you tell me how do you make the switch?
Not possible. Those programs probably use different methods of storing incomplete files.

> Torrent help
As long as this help doesn't include stuff like "where can I find the Iron Man DVDRip torrent".

Anyway, downloading a 35GB torrent without a sweden-fast connection is very stupid, especially considering you probably won't like all of those games (maybe won't even get to try them all), not to mention you can find (probably newer versions) on the interwebs if you search hard enough.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
there shouldbe no problem with torrents aslong (as mentioned in this thread b4) it does not contain any copyrighted material .

so linux distro's etc etc just fine

downloading the newest games is a no no (beside if you do that and using torrents your rather dumb).

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
35 GB? Wow.
Well, the only thing to do is wait. There may be additional trackers that allow you to connect to more seeders though. Search around.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I have a suggestion

1. Use Flashget as your download manager (torrent, e-donkey, direct)
2. Search the torrent in isohunt.com (it has more trackers....)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.