About Self Cast Skills

merlinds

Reaction score
Does any body knows how many self casteable skill are pre defined in w3? and what they are?
Right now i find very few, and are not enought to avoid same base skill conflics.

Another question, the skills added as (Object) skills, will cause conflicts with the skills that a hero has??
For example, a hero has Berserk, and i give him a item that has berserk as an active spell. That cause conflict? and betwen items? ex: 2 items with berserk?.

Thank you allll!!!!!!!! wiiiiiiiiii!!!!!

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> That cause conflict?
Yeah. You can always try it. Kinda easy to test.

Use Channel. It allows you to change its Base Order ID, so that it does not conflict with any spells.
Also allows you to set it to be targeting (unit or point) or instant cast spell.

PS: Make sure the Data - Options (I think) is set to 'Visible'. Channeling time to be set to 0. Untick 'Disable other spell'.

merlinds

Reaction score
So, what cause conflict? Items-Items or Items-Spells??

And, you say that chanelling spells can be turned into Pseudo-SelfCast Spells??

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
The conflict is because two or more abilities have the same Order String. Copying different abilities doesn't always help if they have the same effects, because it is likely that they are modified versions of the same ability and have the same Order String.

What vypur means is that you can use the ability Channel, found under Neutral Hostile > Heroes. Learn from here.

merlinds

Reaction score
For Ala, Buda and Jesus!!! this is the most awesome thing that anybody ever show me!!!!!!!! ohhhh every thing will be soooo easy now!!!!! dam im so gladd! i love you guiissss!!!!!!.

PD: This info should be in the first page of the website.
This is aweeeesomeeee! you have no idea all the work and problems this solve!!!!!!

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Maybe it is a good idea to sticky a thread about Channel. Or at least a tutorial link. Channel is easily the most flexible ability in the WE.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.