About Skills Casting time

merlinds

Reaction score
Hi,
I have noted, that somes skills takes a little "time" betwen the order (you click the button or press the hotkey) and the moment the skills executes its effect. During this time the button of the skill stays with a glow in the border, but not in cold down.
Other skills, like windwalk, start imediatly once you press the botton.
Even the skill "Channel" has this little delay on cast.
Is just like 0.2 sec, but in some skills it makes a big difference.
So does some one knows how can i fix this??

Thanks in advance.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
its in the object editor under the unit with the value
Cast - Backswing timer

merlinds

Reaction score
You mind, that there is an option on the Unit itself, and does not deppend on the skill configuration??
Can you tell me near what other options "Cast - Backswing timer" is, because my WE is in spanish and i do not know how to translate it?:p

GFreak45

Reaction score
its the cast/ability options

las opciones de su elenco/capacidad
no sé cómo se llama en el español mundial editor

merlinds

Reaction score
ahahaha no there is no need to translate it for me, but thenx, i need you to tell me what are the names of the 2 options near the first, but in english so i can search for it :p.

GFreak45

Reaction score
just being nice :) uhmmm i dont know what else to tell you, it should be near the top above combat in the unit itself, like if you click on a footman or peasent to edit it in the object editor

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
In my OE, if you select the Peasant it is number 5 from the top, under the name Art - Animation - Cast Backswing.

merlinds

Reaction score
I think i founded it. in spanish is "Animacion Punto de Retroceso" lets see what happes.
Any way, i tryied with another skill in the same unit,
I was testing with an ability based on "Battle Roar", then i added to the same unit an ability based on "Wind Walk" and the "casting time" dissaperas with that skill. I mind, with battle roar the units takes its time, but with Wind Walk the cast is instant. I dont know why..

GFreak45

Reaction score
windwalk doesnt interupt order strings, thats why... i dont even know that it has its own cast string, no string, no order, no continued cast

merlinds

Reaction score
Sorry for the bump, but it does not work. I have setted the Cast - Backswing timer to 0.01 and still takes its time to cast the spells.
Any way i have changed the skill and based it on wind walk for now.

GFreak45

Reaction score
you can base it off channel with no order string...
you need the backswing timer to be 0.00 and the cast time (in the ability part of the object editor) to be 0.00 as well

merlinds

Reaction score
The BackSwing is for the normal attack, i just discovered it in another thread.
I have used the skill channel with no order string and the cast time setted to 0 and still the same. :p

GFreak45

Reaction score
its not the combat backswing, its the cast backswing under art - animation - cast backswing

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.