About skins

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
if i leave like a lot of the original skin there...will that be a problem? like different colors and all but like...the model still looks the same. Problem or no?

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
lol well what i meant was...is it a bad thing or is it ok? i mean really all i might do is like edit the colors and stuff

I meant will it look good [cause atm any lich skin is being dumb on my WE and it won't put it on which is so weird..]

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
No, if you change the colors, won't do any harm.

WE isn't dumb, only once you start learning JASS and stuff because its syntax is sometimes dumb.

Are you sure you're importing it correctly?

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
Yea i imported it HeroLich.blp is the file name. Textures\HeroLich.blp is the path.

Nothing... =/

and no Not HARM will it be like..cool lol i hear people talk about CnP on skins isn't pro or anything. lol [not saying i'm pro] but would that be basically CnP?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
No, it is called a recolor. If you aren't submitting it, then it is fine.

Also, the texture path should be the lich king's path except with .blp because that's its texture directory. If it is a custom texture for a custom model, then just remove war3mapImported.

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
oh...no wonder >< lol thanks =]

and actually i was thinking about entering it into a contest >.>

and it's NOT really a recolor =] i edited it a bit. Also what's the path for the lich king lol and how do you put skins and models together on WC3 Viewer [without it sometimes crashing when you try to open a file ><]

[edit] As of right now my skin looks like

Unnamed.jpg
=]

What i would really like? to see on a model =]

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
oh...no wonder >< lol thanks =]

and actually i was thinking about entering it into a contest >.>

and it's NOT really a recolor =] i edited it a bit. Also what's the path for the lich king lol and how do you put skins and models together on WC3 Viewer [without it sometimes crashing when you try to open a file ><]

[edit] As of right now my skin looks like

Unnamed.jpg
=]

What i would really like? to see on a model =]

that skin looks good on the unwrap but post a screeny of the actual model with the skin :)

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Damn snowflakes. Cost me 15 rep. Now on to the skin. People usually dont like recolors. Even freehand recolors. SO dont post that skin on the hive in a contest. Or submit it. As you can see in the WIP and Critique section, even mods and important people dont like your skin. I dont not like it. But i dont like it either. If its for your own needs a recolor is fine. But look at mine that i gave you in the graphics zone. It has different things. Like snow, ice, and cloth.

http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/6/10/27/f_skinm_bb95d07.jpg
theres it wrapped.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Skinners (mainly the ones that don't recolor much) don't like recolors. The general public wow at it unless a skinner (one that is very good and doesn't recolor too much) says otherwise.

It is like a trend.

If you ever notice when posting something, someone finds one flaw and as the other members see it, then they post that say flaw. It becomes a continuous never-ending chain. Lol, I try not to do that sometimes. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.