Acer Aspire 4820TG Wireless problem

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
I'm having problems with a completely new Acer 4820TG Laptop. As i got it out of the case it did it's factory settings etc.. and i got a clean windows straight from the factory. Then i installed NOTHING and tried working a bit on it, everything works properly except! the wireless internet.

What happens:

After a random interval 5 seconds - 2-3 minutes the wireless completely stops working. That is, the internet stays connect but there is no active transfer of data. Sometimes the internet will resume it's work after 3-4-5 minutes, other times i have to disconnect/connect for the internet to resume working (and then go back to the start of this paragraph).

What i tried doing:
Reinstalling the wireless driver (This completely destroyed the wireless, as no other driver wanted to work after this, then i had to recover the windows from factory again t.t ).
Changing settings around (don't know if anything there worked, but nothing had changed).
Updated windows 7 fully (via a lan cable).
Tested the lan cable connection as stated before, works perfectly.
Tested the wireless on a different laptop, no breaks in the connection so i excluded the router as the problem.

Specs:

Acer Aspire TimelineX 4820TG-5454G32Mn - Core i5 450M / 2.4 GHz - RAM 4 GB - HDD 320 GB - DVD±RW / DVD-RAM - Mobility Radeon HD 5470 HyperMemory up to 3579 MB - Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 3.0 HS - WLAN : 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0 HS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - 14" Widescreen TFT 1366 x 768 ( WXGA ) CineCrystal - camera.

The wireless card in question is Broadcom Wireless 802.11n (this is what it shows in the device manager).

The router is a dlink router with Wireless n support.

There is a warranty on it of course, so i'm thinking of having it checked very soon, but i wanted to know if there is a solution which won't make me go to the shop and wait a few days ^^;

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Update: There was an apparent problem with the Mcafee internet security suite. When that problem was resolved and the power on the card maximized AND disabled the IpV6 the wireless started working better and for longer, however, the problem is still there. It now stops after a random interval (in experience it was everything from 5-10 minutes to an hour or two at most). I believe it's a faulty card so i'm taking it down to the shop tomorrow to have it checked.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.