activatable ability help

Mullit

Reaction score
The spell I am trying to make is an activatable windwalk that drains mana but I just cant seem to get it to work.

Firstly I tried basing it from immolation (obvious choice) and have a dummy casting invisibilty with duration 0.5 on it every 0.5 seconds if it had the immolation buff.

then I tried basing it from wind walk and subtract the mana using a trigger. however, there is no way to turn off wind walk when the mana is less than 5.

Any idea on how to do this or mistakes I might have made when trying either of the 2 ways I've tried. Thanks in advance.

ayumilove

Youtube account suspended! youtube.com/ayumilove8
Reaction score
cool

create a spell base on immolation
create a trigger that detects the user activate and deactivate immolation
remove all immolation thingy (such as damaging enemy nearby units)
custom make the invisiblity spell so it will last forever.
when the user activate immolation, cast invisibility
when the user deactivate immolation, remove buff invisiblity using trigger
when the user has no more mana left, remove buff invisiblity using trigger

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
I remember Vexorian made a spell like that called "Cloaking Field" although you can attack and never break the invisibility, but it drains mana..
I think its this one...

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Um. I don't have much experience with triggering spells. But isn't there any mana trigger?
I'm pretty sure there's one for HP. "*units Hp becomes less than or equal to ****" - Something like that.. isn't there a similar one, but for Mana?
I dunno, But using variables and this "command" (if there is one) .. you might be able to think of something? :p

Mullit

Reaction score
ye you can change/detect mana but there is no way to turn off the wind walk, you can only cast it.

ayumilove

Youtube account suspended! youtube.com/ayumilove8
Reaction score
just based it on immolation, no need wind walk,

how does your spell works?

attack while invisible and never break invisiblity?

i dont know what you want.

if you want the invisbility to be broken by the caster (such as attacking)
create a trigger that detects whether the caster is the attacker and then
remove the invisbile buff.

event: a unit is attacked
condition attacking unit has invisible buff
action: remove invisible buff

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
If there's one to detect mana. I'm sure there's a trigger for 'Turn *Unit* visible/invisible' too! :)
But then again, I'm not at WE atm, so I can't check. -Hope you'll find something that will help you, though.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have exactly a spell like this.

First, detect when the user casts Immolation, and add "Permanent Invisibility" to the ordered unit. Then, detect when it ends and remove "Permanent Invisibility" from the ordered unit. Then, you must also remove it when the unit has 0 mana. Requires 3 triggers.

*OPTIONAL* You may want to add a trigger which removes Permanent Invisibility when your unit attacks/casts a spell. Or set the Duration of Permanent Invisibility (or is it cooldown?) to say 99999.00 and that will determine the time it will take to the unit to return to invisible mode.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
ye you can change/detect mana but there is no way to turn off the wind walk, you can only cast it.

Well you can do i think
Code:
 Event - Unit has the Ability (Windrain) on
           -Unit's Mana is Equal to 30
           Condition -
           Action - Remove Ability from (Triggering Unit)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.