Actor Warning when morphing hatchery to lair

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I made a new hatchery, lair and hive. Every time I morph from hatchery to lair, I get the following error: "WARNING: [ 49 4] CActorProgress[ZergHatcheryToLair] Driving ModelLink[Hatchery] Model Assets\Buildings\Zerg\Hatchery\Hatchery.m3 for actor [ 1f 3] CActorUnit[Hatchery2]; Sequential non-looping anims detected: Morph Start A; Morph Start A." but if I morph from Lair to Hive, there is no error. The animations look fine, but the error is irritating.

Thanks in advance guys.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I have been able to duplicate that error by adding another copy of the Morph Start A animation to the Progress Actor. To solve this, go to the Zerg Hatchery To Lair Progress actor and edit the Actor: Stages + property. For the normal morphing process, you should only have 3 stages:
-Morph, Start, A
-Stand, Morph, A
-Morph, End, A

If you have another copy of the Morph, Start, A stage then you need to delete it as this is what is causing your warning to appear.

Another possibility is that you have two copies of this progress actor running. Did you create another progress actor for your new Hatchery/Lair morph?

If you still can't solve the problem, I will need to know exactly how you have made your new units morph. What components did you duplicate when creating your new units? Are you using the existing morph abilities or did you create new ones? etc.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Still doesn't work. I will toy arround with it for 1-2 more days until I get desperate and then I will give the extra stats you requested dave ^_^

Or I can use MissKerrigan's option. We will see where desperation will lead me haha

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Ok so Siretu sent me a copy of the map to have a look through. It took me a while but I managed to find out what the problem was. The error is on the Hatchery actor. One of the events is supposed to create the Progress actor for that morph which you had as below:
Code:
AbilMorph
  MorphFrom Hatchery2
  MorphTo Lair2
  Create ZergHatcheryToLair

This looks ok at first glance but it should have been this:
Code:
AbilMorph.*.Start
  MorphFrom Hatchery2
  MorphTo Lair2
  Create ZergHatcheryToLair
So because of that little bit missing (.*.Start), it was creating multiple copies of the Progress actor which was causing that warning to appear.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.